Parking in New Jersey for 7 days?

maurick

• 2 weeks later...

My experience so far is there are a few that will allow you to park for the week but do not provide transportation. We are doing this in Sept. We have booked a car company to transport us to and from the cruise terminal from the hotel for less than what it would cost to park at the terminal. We like being nearby the day before and even if we were driving to the port we would still stay overnight. My husband hates traffic and the terminal is nuts during embarkation and debarkation. So we leave the driving to someone else and enjoy vacation.

Check out the Ramada Limited in Jersey City--they supposedly have an offsite deal for parking ($7 per night??) and have a shuttle to the cruise port. Don't know anything else about the hotel.

Which cruise port? If the hotel is in Jersey City it may only be for Bayonne.

Check Homewood Suites in Edgewater you not only have the Ferry a mile away a car or limo would be very affordable and the view of the NY skyline from there is magnificent. It is only about a year old and build on a great promenade of shops and restaurants right on the Hudson River.

Check Homewood Suites in Edgewater you not only have the Ferry a mile away a car or limo would be very affordable and the view of the NY skyline from there is magnificent. It is only about a year old and build on a great promenade of shops and restaurants right on the Hudson River.

Thanks for the tip! We booked it today for our May 9 cruise.

Hi. Just wondering what your plans are in regard to getting from the hotel to the cruise terminal and back again? Also, did the hotel charge you anything for keeping your car there for a week?

$30 a day to park at the cruise terminal is a lot, so I am also looking into alternatives.

Hi. Just wondering what your plans are in regard to getting from the hotel to the cruise terminal and back again? Also, did the hotel charge you anything for keeping your car there for a week?

$30 a day to park at the cruise terminal is a lot, so I am also looking into alternatives.

The hotel will bus you to the Ferry in Edgewater, about a mile away from the hotel, then we will ferry over to Midtown, taxi to the pier. Now, on May 17 the ferry does not sail to Edgewater but to Weehawken, but the hotel van will pick us up. They do not charge for parking the car. We too, felt $30.00 a day to park was more than we wanted to pay. BTW, the hotel serves a light supper and a full breakfast included in the cost of the room.

Maybe it is not as easy as parking at the pier but we shall focus on the positive and laugh at the negative!

The Edgewater ferry only runs on weekends the Weehawken ferry runs 7 days a week. They are almost equal distance from the hotel. It is definitely a decent price to take the cab and I am not so sure that a lcoal car sevrice is not even a bit cheaper. Try calling GW Taxi 1-888-848-8294 they may be a bit less, but that is still a good price. The ferry is only a few blocks from the pier in NYC

The Edgewater ferry only runs on weekends the Weehawken ferry runs 7 days a week. They are almost equal distance from the hotel. It is definitely a decent price to take the cab and I am not so sure that a lcoal car sevrice is not even a bit cheaper. Try calling GW Taxi 1-888-848-8294 they may be a bit less, but that is still a good price. The ferry is only a few blocks from the pier in NYC

Thank you so much, you have been a great help with your suggestions.

mommyto2girls; I made the arrangements for the taxi pick-up at the hotel; cost $45.00 with tolls, tip extra. They will pick us up once we clear customs on May 17. The pick-up at the pier is a big deal with three ships in that day, Zoo time! Again, thank you and bless you.

It was my pleasure....have a safe wonderful trip. Try Panera Bakery while you are at the hotel it is right outside on the promenade and they have yummy pastries and cookies. Bon Voyage

Funny, I did Google restaurants near the hotel and the Bakery was the spot that made me say “YUM”.

Archived