Carnival Videographer-Worth It?

Hello Ladies,

I was tossing around the idea of hiring the videographer on Carnival to videotape the wedding. I was thinking of having one of our friends tape it, but I like the idea of having it professionally shot, and I want all of our guests to enjoy themselves, since it will only be an hour reception.

My question is, has anyone had any experiences using the ship videographer? And is it worth it to upgrade video packages to include the him/her to join you and film you at one of the ports? The original package is approx. $500, and the upgraded is $800. Seems like a huge price difference just to film you at one of the ports, but maybe I'm just "frugal"? I mean if it's quality, I might consider it though. And do you get to pick the port you want them to film you at? I would like to pick the port we will all be doing a group excursion at.

Thanks Ladies!

Hollie

Hey there, Hollie! Glad to hear that you are planning right along! :p

I cannot tell you yet howthe videographer and video turn out, but I'll be glad to give you a full report soon! ;) We opted for the $500 video package and I hope that it turns out well, will let you know!

One of my daughters got married on the Glory a couple of years ago and had it video'd. It is an excellant video and we have enjoyed watching it many times. He shot the wedding, reception, and one day at sea. He did an interview with them and had them walk around the ship ont the sea day. We felt it was well worth it and are planning to have another video made for our other daughters upcoming wedding. We are not going to upgrade, the basic video was great!

I have to be honest, it depends on the videographer & editing. I have seen some great ones and some well, not so much. ;) Regardless, I would have your friend do it too. That way you have two different videos and you should be covered. Your friend will know what to video and who your friends and loved ones are since he knows you. His finished product might not be pretty and edited at the end, but you will still appreciate it. :) Have a great wedding!

PS - You can NEVER be too frugal! ;)

I am having guests videotape the wedding and reception for me. I am taking the raw footage to a professional videography who will edit video and provide background music and incorporate pictures from the day into video. I went to a Bridal show and discovered that this was an option companies provide for a fee of course but I am sure it is cheaper than the hundreds of dollars the ship charges.

I like the idea of having friends and family shoot the video, then taking it to get edited. We actually edited our own from our last cruise and came up with a pretty neat video. We just downloaded the footage from our digital camcorder to our laptop and played around with some software one of us had already and it turned out really neat. This time I have a little better software and I think we'll try it ourselves again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for the responses ladies. I think I'm going to go with the basic package and put the extra $300 towards something else- Lord knows there are a thousand other things I could use that dinero for. Bekah, I want a full report when you get back- I can't believe your wedding is in like a month!

Thanks again,

Hollie

Thank for the responses ladies. I think I'm going to go with the basic package and put the extra $300 towards something else- Lord knows there are a thousand other things I could use that dinero for. Bekah, I want a full report when you get back- I can't believe your wedding is in like a month!

Thanks again,

Hollie

I know! Can you believe it?!?!?! :D We are so excited! I have been a little frazzled lately trying to finish all the last little details. Honestly, I will be so glad for the day to get here, so I don't have to plan anymore! ;) Plus, I am soooo ready to be married! :p

Archived