New Cruisers: Crown Princess

tropicgirl3

My husband and I have cruised with Princess, RCI, and Carnival. We have enjoyed all lines for different reasons, but Princess seems to be our favorite. We will be bringing some cruise newbies to vacation with us in October. Would the Crown/Eastern Caribbean be a good first time cruise experience and turn our friends into cruise lovers?? We would love for them to have a fun and memorable trip!:)

If the Crown Princess is still doing the 9 day cruise I would (in my own opinion) think that this might be a bit too long for a newbie to take a cruise. A 3,4,or 7 day cruise might be better to do. Remember you certainly can't get off the ship if you don't care for it.

In mid-October the Crown is sailing a 7 day itinerary to include Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. Would these places be interesting and appealing to newbies? I have only experienced St. Maarten myself.

St Maarten and St Thomas are great islands that nyone would enjoy. The beaches are great, many excursions, and plenty of shopping. Grand Turk isn't quite ready for a cruise port in my opinion. They really only have the beach area and Margaritaville which has a big pool and there is shopping there. Princess Cays is pretty much so-so. with only the beach. You can snorkel in all the stops if you want.

Archived