Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport

tinlizzy

I ran across this today and thought I'd pass it on. This hotel is coming up $124 for up to 3 adults for any Thurs-Sat stay in June, July, August, September... (I quit looking).

With the senior discount it is showing $114 and with AAA $105.

Those rates are for Best Available Rate* Studio, 1 Queen, 1 Sofabed, 1 Bath, Full Kitchen, Living Room, Hot Breakfast daily, Free Internet

$134 for up to 3 adults same time frame - Best Available Rate*One Bedroom, 1 Queen, 1 Sofabed, 1 Bath, Full Kitchen, Living Room, Hot Breakfast Daily, Free Internet

These rates came up for 7/3 - 7/5, also.

The best thing about this rate is you may cancel up to one day prior to arrival.

Complimentary parking

Indoor pool

Free breakfast

Negative: Children do not stay free in existing bedding (according to Quikbook). Not sure if this means a roll-away for a fee or makes a family have to upgrade to a 2 bedroom?

review

website

We've got an AAA rate of $127 plus tax for 3 adults in mid-May; same type of room. Can't get that $105 rate to show up at all. But it's still a good price for what appears to be a satisfactory hotel.

What's really odd is Thursday alone is $209. Maybe I'll call :eek:

They are splitting the difference in price by allowing Thurs/Fri/Sat or Thurs/Friday booking at a discount price. Thursday separately would always have a higher price-business travelers generally DO NOT stay over a Friday night. It is more advantageous to the hotel to book two nights at $105-127 each night than to book one night (Thursday) and have Friday/Saturday vacant.

According to Marriott, booking two nights kicks it into a "long-term" category which has lower rates. I'm used to two nights being less per night than one of them alone; just not used to two nights being less than either one alone. But the rep assured me I'm getting a great rate which is true. I said we're going on a cruise so need to save every penny we can; she said, got to cover that extra margarita! :D

They are splitting the difference in price by allowing Thurs/Fri/Sat or Thurs/Friday booking at a discount price. Thursday separately would always have a higher price-business travelers generally DO NOT stay over a Friday night. It is more advantageous to the hotel to book two nights at $105-127 each night than to book one night (Thursday) and have Friday/Saturday vacant.

I'm happy you saw this greatam. You were the reason I posted this! You mentioned that even NYC airport hotels at Priceline were still over $100 so I thought this might benefit someone. Saturday, too!

Glad for you Tabbymom - it's a great price and the best part is if you find something you like better or your plans change it can be cancelled.

Archived