First time in Curacao

cruisejunkie15

Hello everyone,

I will be in Curacao this coming January, and I was wondering what is a must do for first timers. This will be my Honeymoon cruise, we are in our mid to late 20's and like adventure as well as beach. We love to get to know the places we visit, please help us with ideas!

Thanks!!!

What's up Junkie?

Thought I'd help you out since we now love this island...Check out our pics of our cruise and look for the Curacao pics...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562423077YSkbVC

As well, try the thread "Just back from Southern Itinerary...." Put a review in there and Kon Tiki is in there for a review...Porto Mari is nice, pretty far from port and pricey cab ride but from what I hear its worth it, we just liked the environment with Kon Tiki...Hope it helps, let me know

Newts

We loved Cas Abao Beach. Great facilities, quiet and a great beach. The drive there is very picturesque. You could have a couples massage on the beach. It is cab ride of about 40 minutes but well worth it. They do have there one website as well. Our favorite beach of the cruise. The snorkeling is excellent.

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back from a cruise which stopped in Curacao.

Went to Blue Bay Resort which we liked- good swimming at the beach and in the pool, lots of chairs and palapas, restrooms, a beach bar etc. It is West of Willemstad, a bit of a ride- we took the Beach Express bus excursion.

Also, there is plenty to do in Willemstad-lots to see and for adventure on Curacao plenty of snorkeling- many like the Seaquarium area and beaches, others like Playa Porto Mari.

• 2 weeks later...
Just came back from a cruise which stopped in Curacao.

Went to Blue Bay Resort which we liked- good swimming at the beach and in the pool, lots of chairs and palapas, restrooms, a beach bar etc. It is West of Willemstad, a bit of a ride- we took the Beach Express bus excursion.

I did this too and had a great time snorkeling. There are free showers adjacent to the washrooms. On the tour I did with Holland America, we were given a complimentary (soft) drink ticket too. Also, my snorkeling equipment was provided - they do not have vests though. I was a bit apprehensive at first but you really ARE very buoyant and the vest wasn't required. Once I got used to swimming without one, I was very comfortable. There was some toplessness at this beach (not just the men! ;)). It was not crowded at all, and I'd do it again.

Archived