Larger Vehicles at New York Port

Griswolds

Hi!

We have a mid-size SUV but will be traveling with the luggage carrier on top (the new slimmer style ones - not those older big square box ones). Just wanted to make sure we wouldnt have a height restriction problem parking at the Manhattan port. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Hi!

We have a mid-size SUV but will be traveling with the luggage carrier on top (the new slimmer style ones - not those older big square box ones). Just wanted to make sure we wouldnt have a height restriction problem parking at the Manhattan port. Does anyone know? Thanks!

You certainly may. The parking lot is on the TOP of the port building, so you have to go up from the street through the building corners to get to the parking lot. Call the Port Authority and ask. I would make an educated guess the clearance is no more than 7'.

Large SUV or even an 18 wheeler will not be a problem as the parking is outdoors. The roadway is not an issue as buses go up it.

The parking at the West Side piers in ON THE ROOF of the building. The waiting area/check in area is on the second floor. Parking is another floor up. BEFORE the renovation a few years ago, the parking ramp was all outside. Now, they have made the turns inside the corners of the building, which MAY have a height restriction.

Semi trucks deliver UNDERNEATH the building. We deliver there frequently.

The roadway is the West Side Highway, but that was NOT the question.

:D

Large SUV or even an 18 wheeler will not be a problem as the parking is outdoors. The roadway is not an issue as buses go up it.

that was a joke folks. SUV will be no problem...

You should have no problem. I emailed them the other day about our vehicle. A 1 ton, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, dual wheeled, pickup. Yes, it's a monster! LOL

I was assured by them that there would be no problem parking this vehicle yet I am a little concerned if those corners are real tight! :eek:

You should have no problem. I emailed them the other day about our vehicle. A 1 ton, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, dual wheeled, pickup. Yes, it's a monster! LOL

I was assured by them that there would be no problem parking this vehicle yet I am a little concerned if those corners are real tight! :eek:

We have a delivery down there Friday. I am going to ask my driver to walk up (or take the elevator up) to the parking garage and then walk down and see if he thinks there is a problem with larger than a mid size SUV. He would know-he drives both semi's and 20 foot straight trucks. I will post again when I cajole him to do this for me. You will owe me a large pizza (seems to be the bribe I get by with easiest).

We have a delivery down there Friday. I am going to ask my driver to walk up (or take the elevator up) to the parking garage and then walk down and see if he thinks there is a problem with larger than a mid size SUV. He would know-he drives both semi's and 20 foot straight trucks. I will post again when I cajole him to do this for me. You will owe me a large pizza (seems to be the bribe I get by with easiest).

You got it...the pizza I mean. Just give me details as to where to send it. We're in MD tho so it won't be NY style pizza! :(

Thanks for doing this....will be looking for your response. I'm not concerned about the height as I've been assured it's fine, but am concerned about tight corners going up the ramp with those bulging fenders! :eek:

I wasnt as much worried about our SUV fitting in the parking area, but once we get the luggage carrier on top that is going to add some height. Not sure exactly how tall we'll be once we get that one. Maybe taller than a large pick up truck? Not sure. Maybe we should measure our vehicle with the carrier on top. Maybe the kids should ride on the roof instead and we can put the luggage inside the vehicle! HAHA! Just kidding obviously. But it popped into my head and I had to laugh at myself.

Maybe the kids should ride on the roof instead and we can put the luggage inside the vehicle! HAHA! Just kidding obviously. But it popped into my head and I had to laugh at myself.

Just be sure to cancel their cruise ticket early enough so cancellation fees won't be large. And hey, you really wanted to get away without the kids on vacation anyway didn't you? :D

Archived