What's the most interesting thing....

alb1956

O.k. everyone.....what's the most interesting thing you've seen float by your ship while cruising?? On our first cruise on the Fantasy I saw a perfectly square leather box just bobbing in the water. I just watched it float on by!! LOL.....would love to know what was in it!!! :)

How about FLY by instead??? I saw a school of flying fish along side a ship I was on. They were so cool, had never seen one in action before, and at first I couldn't figure out what the heck they were. They don't 'fly' very high, but they have good distance though.

You probably missed your opportunity for millions in treasure as that box floated on by! ;)

Story of my life kim!!! LOL..... I've seen the flying fish too!! They are so cool!! I'm still waiting to see dolfins swimming along side of us!! Have you seen the LONG strands of seaweed?? Looks like it goes on for miles!!! Alice....

O.k. everyone.....what's the most interesting thing you've seen float by your ship while cruising?? On our first cruise on the Fantasy I saw a perfectly square leather box just bobbing in the water. I just watched it float on by!! LOL.....would love to know what was in it!!! :)

May have been someone's ashes.

The best things I've been are other ships (especially at night), dolphins playing the ship's wake and a lighthouse in the middle of nowhere that a pilot boat came to the ship from.

276029409_lighthouseisland.jpg.4469694bc9e34f8245d9740102dbbecc.jpg

May have been someone's ashes.

The best things I've been are other ships (especially at night), dolphins playing the ship's wake and a lighthouse in the middle of nowhere that a pilot boat came to the ship from.

Where was that lighthouse?

We were dozing on our balcony (cat 12 on Sensation) in 2003 around 3 am when I look out and there is a line of lights coming straight towards me....

We had sat out there to see the bridge (skyline?) on the way back into Tampa - fell asleep and when I woke up we were directly under the bridge. What a shock until I realized where I was.

Don't know if it counts or not but when we went on our first cruise (Imagination in 2003) we saw a hammer head shark off the bow if the ship then disappear. I've never seen one outside of an aquarium. We thought it was pretty cool. :D

My favorite was a sea turtle. He must have been very large because we could see his feet padding along from our balcony on the Upper Deck. It looked like he was on a mission, traveling surprisingly fast, and heading toward Cuba.

Last year on RCL I watched a waterspout go along the port side of the ship for about 15 minutes. It then curved around to our stern and follow for some time. The ship seemed to pick up speed when it started to follow us. What was interesting was that I got to see it form, pick up water and finally die. That is something you normally do not stick around to see in Indiana when there is a tornado.

Don't know if it counts or not but when we went on our first cruise (Imagination in 2003) we saw a hammer head shark off the bow if the ship then disappear. I've never seen one outside of an aquarium. We thought it was pretty cool. :D

I remember as a kid dangling my feet off the side of dad's boat and a hammerhead shark as long as the 25 ft. boat swam right up. Scared me half to death!

One of the strangest sights was docked in Cozumel two armed (with machine guns) police chasing 2 drunks to the ship. They had to get the Captain to get those guys out of jail in Cozumel for whatever thay had done. It was said the Captain agreed to put them in ships brig until back to home port. It got loud with lots of hand gestures by the police. Captain was calm and collected.

That's one reason why I like having a balcony, to see all the goings on while in port.

My son would of loved to have seen that!!

Where was that lighthouse?

It was on our western cruise. I think it was between Belize city, Belize and Costa Maya, Mexico. It must be a narrow shipping lane if I could find a close up map. Can't find it on google earth yet.

Archived