New Year's Cruise

neptune18

Thinking about a Dec./Jan. cruise to Princess Cays, St. Martin, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Anyone done this or know what weather/temp will be like? Thanks.

I've traveled to those areas at that time, and it's generally very pleasant. Some rain occasionally, but generally temps in the 80's. Not a bad idea to bring a small umbrella or a travel rain poncho just in case, though I can't recall it ever raining for too terribly long at a stretch. Weather systems tend to move quite quickly through the Caribbean. It's a lot like traveling to Florida. :)

Neptune, my daughter and I cruised this last NYE on Caribbean Princess. Same stops except no Grand Turk. Thinking of doing the Crown this year.

It was a really fun trip! More couples in the 40s - 50s age group but certainly still plenty of kids.

There was no rain to speak of but one day, we did have high seas (up to 18') and high winds. Not so many people out and about that day.

Big party on deck on NYE but Princess does not give out free champagne like some lines.

I really want to do it again but it's really much pricier than last year! I booked in July and for a BF Gty, it was 14xx per person. It's about 500 more pp right now. So hoping the price will come down but surprisingly, all the suites are taken. Not that I would do a suite but just checking them out.

If any questions, let me know.

I checked weather.com and average high for Dec and Jan is 86. Average low 72,73. This was for St. Thomas. It was plenty warm for laying out and getting in the ocean (cold at first but then felt nice). Same with Princess Cay.

FL will be a bit cooler.

What ship are you thinking about? Crown? I went ahead and booked it last night!

Northwoods, saw you over on the roll call! I probably would have waited to book but with three of us, wanted a mini suite and there was only one left on Emerald Deck (covered balcony.)

Will be fun chatting for the next 8 1/2 months!

Archived