Johnny Rockets question...

The menu clearly stated that soda cards were NOT accepted at Johnny Rockets . . . but when we ordered waters, the waitress said, "Do you have soda cards? We're not supposed to take them, but we do anyway." That's clear as mud, isn't it?

We used them on Voyager last week, also. At Portofino's, our server said she wasn't supposed to do soda's in there, either, but she did anyway. Weird restrictions that no one pays attention to.

BTW- the milkshakes are extra at JR, but sundae's are included- another weird rule.

The menu clearly stated that soda cards were NOT accepted at Johnny Rockets . . . but when we ordered waters, the waitress said, "Do you have soda cards? We're not supposed to take them, but we do anyway." That's clear as mud, isn't it?

I’m holding the menu right now and I don’t see what you’re talking about where is it??????

On Liberty last Sept. not only did they take my soda card but they didn't even charge the 3.99. I had a burger fries and coke. Who knows but it seems more people had them accepted than not.

I have used my Coke Card at JR numerous times without questions. I have been told by many servers that the price on the menu is just for purchasing cans without the card.

I have also used my Coke Card in both Chops and Portofinos without fail.

I am an avid Coke Card fan ( I don't drink Alcohol, so I drink Coke like water) and have never been refused at any dining venue.

Happy Cruising

Dave

posted by mckinna

We used them on Voyager last week, also. At Portofino's, our server said she wasn't supposed to do soda's in there, either, but she did anyway. Weird restrictions that no one pays attention to.

BTW- the milkshakes are extra at JR, but sundae's are included- another weird rule.

Alicia

Alicia, oreo sundae is a dessert and is included in the 3.95 charge at JR. The other choice is apple pie ala mode.

Alicia, oreo sundae is a dessert and is included in the 3.95 charge at JR. The other choice is apple pie ala mode.

Yes- you don't pay extra for the sundae's over the $3.95 cover charge, but you do for milkshakes. Funny, isn't it? Same ingredients, basically. I never noticed the apple pie- havn't had that done.

We had a great time there- our servers danced, but did it to "Staying Alive"- not their usual song. It was cute.

We didn't have any problems using our Soda Cards in JR's on the Explorer. Also, it is a great place to stop in and just have the milkshake, malt, or dessert. If you're not eating (ie: just ordering a milkshake or malt) they don't charge a cover.

Yes- you don't pay extra for the sundae's over the $3.95 cover charge, but you do for milkshakes. Funny, isn't it? Same ingredients, basically. I never noticed the apple pie- havn't had that done.

We had a great time there- our servers danced, but did it to "Staying Alive"- not their usual song. It was cute.

"Staying Alive" is one of the regular songs they dance to on all our cruises:D

Hi Cincy Dave..

what show was that Sounds like 70s Night to me! :D :)

Hey Cruise Diva NJ

Where abouts in NJ are you. I have a good friend who lives in Allenhurst. It is a wee little bit of town just North of Asbury Park.

Dave

I didn't realize that "Staying Alive" was their regular song. I guess I thought they did it to 50's rock songs only. Here's a photo of our cute waiter doing his JR dance- nothing says "sexy" like a man in a paper hat!

068jpg.jpg?t=1207344269

Archived