Island Intensive Cruise, Who Wants In?????

jlane

Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!

• Wings of Victory
    • Victorious Villians
    • Victory Vagabonds
    • Victory Voyagers
    • Pirates of the Southern Caribbean
    • Conquering 7 Islands in 7 Days
    • Victory Island Pirates (VIPs)
    • Victory Virgin Vagabonds (3VPs)
    • WOW, the list is endless, but voice your opinion...

So, if this date doesn't work out maybe a fall moonless night might ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get a group going :D

Now that would be PERFECT I would be more than willing to get a group started for that. DH is anti spring break cruising. I may be able to talk him into it but I know that he would rather do fall.

wow, just checked the rates for Sept 2009, they are FANTASTIC. Im off to contact someone about a group right now!

If you get a group going for September 2009, I am OFFICIALLY in. I was considering booking that cruise anyway, and if it was a group cruise that would give me the initiative to actually book it :)

I just sent off the email so keep your fingers crossed. Just by checking the carnival website an 8a is $619! What a fantastic rate!

I'm more interested in the 1A for $399 :) The New Moon (aka moonless night) is Friday, September 18, 2009 if it makes any difference...

But out of curiosity-- Carnival shows the Victory sailing out of Barbados every Wednesday in September for a 7-night cruise (and out of San Juan every Sunday for a 7-night). Does that mean that the ship will be picking up new passengers/dropping off pax halfway through the cruise when the ship is in port at Barbados for the day? Seems like an odd way to do it.

I just sent off the email so keep your fingers crossed. Just by checking the carnival website an 8a is $619! What a fantastic rate!

Don't forget that September is the height of hurricane season :eek: November is usually safer.....

Stupid Hurricanes always ruining a good time!

Id be happy to go in later fall... doesnt really matter to me. I'll send an ammendment to the email and just see whats available/when we could get the best rates. Although, the whole no moon bio-luminesence sounded fantastic too.

But out of curiosity-- Carnival shows the Victory sailing out of Barbados every Wednesday in September for a 7-night cruise (and out of San Juan every Sunday for a 7-night). Does that mean that the ship will be picking up new passengers/dropping off pax halfway through the cruise when the ship is in port at Barbados for the day? Seems like an odd way to do it.

It does look like thats what theyre doing.. very strange.

Hi All,

Trying to pull together another group cruise and would like to find out who would be interested in joining in on an island-hopping type of itinerary aboard the Carnival Victory. This would be a 7-day Southern starting in San Juan on March 22, 2009.

Not just 4, not 5, not 6, but SEVEN ports of call!!! Here's the itinerary:

Sunday: Leave San Juan, 10pm

Monday: St Thomas, 7am-5pm

Tuesday: Dominica, 10am-6pm

Wednesday: Barbados, 8am-5pm

Thursday: St Lucia, 8am-5pm

Friday: Antigua, 8am-6pm

Saturday: St Kitts, 7am-4pm

Sunday: San Juan, 7am

I don't have pricing yet (need to confirm this with the CC community manager Laura), but let's start a list.

Yes, I'm interested and will sign up once the group get's posted:

Here's how it's looking so far for possible 3/22/09 Victory cruisers:

1. Jodie & Tom (jlane)

2. MarysMom

3. Julie and Randall (jrmende63)

4. Linda (LEtue) (+others)

5. anaslile

6. phinfan63 (maybe)

7. trarecar (maybe)

8. Don & Karyn (MustardMan) (maybe)

Yes, September can be hurricane season and March can be spring break season.... but the reason for March is to try to survive coming off of a long winter!

Jodie

Is it horrible that Im trying to talk DH into both March and Sept?

One can be Mommy Daddy time, the second could be a 3rd birthday cruise for DD!

If you can do it... that's great.

MarysMom, this past March we took 2 DDs with us (teenagers) for the first time. All other cruises was just the DH and me. Although I loved giving my daughters the experience of a cruise, I'm so looking forward to this next one with just the hubbie. We need this time!!!

We are interested in this itinerary for March 2009 too. However, I believe our school break is just before, probably the March 15th cruise time. So I cannot confirm until I know the school time.

Does going in a group like this offer a discount, and if so, how much?

There is usually a discount and then some extras such as onboard credit or a bottle of wine.

What is offered and how big of a discount is dependant on the specific cruise so its hard to say what will happen for this one. I believe jlane will know soon though!

Here's how it's looking so far for possible 3/22/09 Victory cruisers:

1. Jodie & Tom (jlane)

2. MarysMom

3. Julie and Randall (jrmende63)

4. Linda (LEtue) (+others)

5. anaslile

6. phinfan63 (maybe)

7. trarecar (maybe)

8. Don & Karyn (MustardMan) (maybe)

Yes, September can be hurricane season and March can be spring break season.... but the reason for March is to try to survive coming off of a long winter!

Jodie

Jodie, I prefer the March timeframe even though it is Spring Break season. Easter falls in April next year so the rates should be pretty good.

I hope you hear back from Laura soon :D

Is it horrible that Im trying to talk DH into both March and Sept?

One can be Mommy Daddy time, the second could be a 3rd birthday cruise for DD!

Not horrible at all! I say go for it :D

Although hurricane season lasts from June 1 - November 30 - I have sailed many times late in the season when the season tends to in wind down.....

Jodi

We would love to do a group cruise again with you next year, but Jane and I have pretty much decided on the Celebrity Soltice (brand new ship!)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=487

Anyone thinking about cruising with Jodi, go for it, she is a wonderful host!!

Ron & Jane... thanks, I'm humbly yours forever :o And, I wish you were joining us again.

Hubby and I would be interested in this cruise. Look forward to getting more information.:)

travelbumsboston: hopefully soon, I'm just waiting on one last item

Oh, I hope it doesn't take long to get a response from Cruise Critic on the rates :D

I'm getting excited about this group and it hasn't even gotten started yet!!!

LEtue: AGREED!!! Let's get this group started!!! :eek:

Jodie

OK, while we're waiting for that final quote...

Let's start drafting up some good names for our group. I'll try to get a cool banner developed.

Example: last group we called ourselves the Legend-Aries (Making Legendary Memories)... granted it was a tad hokey, BUT we had quite a few virgins and hopefully, their first cruise was a legendary memory for them!

Ideas.... ???

Thought I'd share a quick story about Barbados...

On my second cruise, this was one of the stops. I had been unable to successfully snorkel (the first cruise)... the breathing underway had freaked me out. But the DH loved it so I booked a catamaran tour while in Barbados. It made three stops at various points of interest to snorkel. The firt site was sea turtles, the second was by a ship and the third was just a great site.

The captain of the boat asked all of 12 of us if anyone had not snorkeled before. Well I sheepishly raised my hand. Everyone else got in the water, including me and the captain. He personally taught me how to snorkel. It was great and I've been snorkeling ever since.

This was one of my favorite excursions!! :)

Hi Jlane....

We are looking for a southern caribbean cruise, and this is the week we are off school for midwinter break next year. We have been looking at the 2 RCI cruises and this one, have already nixed the Princess itinerary. Acutally we were kind of leaning towards this one...its the cheapest of the three, and we love the Carnival product. I'm a little worried about no sea days and needing a vacation to recover from vacation!

Post prices soon!

Archived