Le Belvedere

Seal

We went to the Le Belvedere for dinner 3/29/08--we had made arrangements before leaving for the cruise--they picked us up at the IC-Papeete--interesting ride--curvy , one lane road for the greatest part of it.

Apparently the favorite meal is the fondue--we had the beef fondue and a fish dish--apparently we had a poor fondue pot that couldn't be controlled well--we had flames several inches above the pot--called attention to this--we worked on it as did the waitress--then--of course not enough fire--then back to blazing again--all I could visualize was a large grease fire---The small salad buffet, wine and taro root ice cream were included in the price.

We had paid earlier--which was more than if you had paid when you had your dinner--we had given a credit card for this probably a month or so before we left for the cruise

I think that if anyone wants to go to the restaurant--it would probably be better to go for the Sunset dinner--we tried to change ours for then--but were unable to do so.

Not recommended

Nancy:D

Nancy,

Thanks for the update. We dined there and, while I could remember the view and the fun that we had with our fellow shipmates (we made up the entire dining room that night), I couldn't recall the food at all. Had to go back through our travel diary to check it out and still couldn't recall it.

It was a long ride, a glorious view, but not the best dining we'd had. I wish now that we'd just picked something in Papeete and saved ourselves the time and money.

Charlie

Archived