New Carnival Dining times?

sp29488

The Spirit class ships ~ Pride, Miracle, Spirit and Legend ~ only have one dining room and they have an early seating and a late seating.......6:00 and 8:15.

I just came off the Valor, a Conquest class. Two dining rooms........4 seatings. 6:00, 6:30, 8:00 and 8:30.......2 seatings in each dining room.

I didn't know anything was changing?

The Spirit class ships ~ Pride, Miracle, Spirit and Legend ~ only have one dining room and they have an early seating and a late seating.......6:00 and 8:15.

I just came off the Valor, a Conquest class. Two dining rooms........4 seatings. 6:00, 6:30, 8:00 and 8:30.......2 seatings in each dining room.

I didn't know anything was changing?

It was posted on here not to long ago and if you go on the carnival website it also states it. They will have it fleetwide by summer 2008. I was just checking to see if it will be in effect when we cruise in May.

It was posted on here not to long ago and if you go on the carnival website it also states it. They will have it fleetwide by summer 2008. I was just checking to see if it will be in effect when we cruise in May.

I just made reservations on the Paradise for December. It has 2 dining rooms and I was only given the choice of 6 or 8 pm for dinner.

and why is that?

Because you won't actually know which dining time you are assigned to until you get on the ship. The time you request may or may not be what you get. We had requested 8:00 seating on the Valor, and it was confirmed on our documents; however, when we got to the ship we had been assigned 8:30 instead. We just left it at that, although if you are unhappy with what you are assigned, you can see the Maitre' D the day of embarkation and ask to be changed. He will do what he can to accommodate you.

On my most recent booking, my PVP asked if I wanted 'early or late' EARLY, or 'early or late' LATE!:rolleyes:

I told him I wanted LATE, but know that "nothing is guaranteed beyond that", so why bother.. He agreed..!:p

(Actually, NO dining time is guaranateed, but booking a year in advance makes it a pretty 'sure thing')..:) ;)

Again, Spirit class and Conquest class have different dining arrangements, so the above may not reflect the cruise you are sailing!:cool:

Just wondering. Is it easy to change from early to late seating?

You can check with the Maitre'd when you board to see if they can change your table and/or dining time. We've done it a couple of times and it's worked out well. Just remember to tip the Maitre'd at the end if he does do something for you.

We were on the Spirit in February and had book a year earlier and requested early dinner. Our confirmation stated early dinner but when we got on the ship we had been assigned late dining. But I had printed off the confirmation email I was sent when we booked stating early dinner and we showed them when we got on the ship and the next day we were changed to early dinner. And we went from a table for 4 to a table for two even. They were telling people that your chances of going from early to late are better than going from late to early.

Just wondering. Is it easy to change from early to late seating?

It's easier to change from early to late than from late to early. We've always requested late dinner and have never been assigned to early dinner instead.:)

Archived