LUV LUV LUV 9576 on JOS

We had this cabin in February and LOVED it! I am thinking about booking this cabin again for 2010 (when itins come out) but am also curious about 9078. It is on the other side of the library and the balcony appears to be even bigger.

Can anyone compare these two cabins? I imagine other than the larger balcony they are the same. We had a lounger on 9576 balcony and am wondering if 9078 has same. Also wonder if 9078 is as quiet...I am thinking it is.

Thanks!

what kind of cabin is it? What was so great about it? Love to hear details!

It is a superior (the bigger of the two types) balcony cabin on the bumpout and the balcony was awesome. It was huge and had a extremely large overhang due to the decks above and you could be out there even in the rain - nothing would come in unless the wind was blowing right at you.

And it was in a great location and the quietest cabin we have ever had.

9078 is very quiet. As I'm sure you have seen from the deck plan, it is long length-wise as opposed width-wise. It has two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and that little table. You will not get too much of a breeze at sea but will get some as it faces forward. I imagine you got a better breeze on the 9576 balcony being that it is aft. Yes?

9078 is great, especially if you want the two lounge chairs. We had it in Alaska on the Serenade and in the Caribbean on the Jewel. We opted for 9576 for Alaska this time.

We've had 9078 on the Serenade and thought it was a great cabin and in a good location with a wonderful balcony. We heard some noise from the centrum each night but only while the musicians were playing ... it wasn't loud enough to keep us up or bother us but we did hear it. We did not hear any noise at all from the elevators which was a concern some have when booking this cabin.

Enjoy! :p

nenfreed.....#9578 does have a slightly larger than standard balcony, but it is not quite as large as #9576. There was a lounger on the balcony of #9578 on Serenade as well as the regular table and chairs.

We have booked 9578 on the jewel. Is it like 9576 as far as the balcony goes?

Nenfreed

funny you should have this cabin - when we cruised, our friends had it - the balcony is pretty much standard size maybe a tad bigger than normal but no lounge chair. They were jealous of ours. :)

And it is amazing how quiet both of these cabins are. The Centrum can get quite loud but once we closed the cabin door all the noise disappeared. It was the perfect cabin in all respects.

Oh and whoever asked about the wind factor in 9576 - we had no problems at all. Even when we were moving the wind was not an issue because part of the balcony is sheltered from the wind. I took some pics - they are in with the rest of our pics. Here is the link. Sometimes it loads slowly.

http://picasaweb.google.com/chudson200/Cruise200802?authkey=MGjsp1Ij2Zs

Yes, the view along the side of the ship towards the back is blocked because you (9576) is on the front of the hump. It really does not impact the enjoyment of this balcony at all, however, IMHO !!

Archived