Recent Voyager cruisers: Are earlier dining times now?

Why would they have dinner at 5:30??
Apparently so those who prefer late dining don't have to eat so late. :rolleyes:

Pretty stupid reason if you ask me. 5:30 is BEYOND RIDICULOUS!!!

I voiced my opinion on the comments card at the end of our 2/24 sailing. Apparently my complaints fell on deaf ears. :p

BTW, our documents stated our seating was at 6:00. WRONG!

Apparently so those who prefer late dining don't have to eat so late. :rolleyes:

I voiced my opinion on the comments card at the end of our 2/24 sailing. Apparently my complaints fell on deaf ears. :p

It's because people were forced to take the late seating since main was full. It's not because of people who preferred late seating.

They heard you, they just also heard from many more people who were angry about being forced to take late seating at 8:30. It's a comprimise of 30 minutes to make more people happy.

It's because people were forced to take the late seating since main was full. It's not because of people who preferred late seating.

They heard you, they just also heard from many more people who were angry about being forced to take late seating at 8:30. It's a comprimise of 30 minutes to make more people happy.

If I was forced to take late seating at 8:30...I would feel much better that they tried to compromise with me by changing it to 8:00.

I like early seating whether it is 6pm or 5:30 it is only 1/2 hour difference.

!..........................

Hello. I would like to introduce myself - My name first name is STUPID and my middle names if RIDICULOUS :p . I eat at 5:30 when I am at home since this gives me time to clean the dishes and then go walking or visit friends in the nursing home after. But since I do eat at 8:00 PM when I am on a cruise does that mean I am only half stupid? :)

Hello. I would like to introduce myself - My name first name is STUPID and my middle names if RIDICULOUS :p . I eat at 5:30 when I am at home since this gives me time to clean the dishes and then go walking or visit friends in the nursing home after. But since I do eat at 8:00 PM when I am on a cruise does that mean I am only half stupid? :)
Actually, we eat dinner at 5:00 at home. But on a cruise even 6:00 is hard to make on port days.

We have been on 6 RCCL cruises. Only missed dinner in the dining room once. That was on Voyager last month as it was impossible to make it to the dining room at 5:30 on our Cozumel day!

I don't really care what the reason is. 5:30 is WAY TOO EARLY for a dinner seating on a cruise. Yeah, it's only a half hour but so is 8:00 to 8:30. :p ;) 6:00 is difficult enough on port days. Heck, 7:00 was pretty difficult on our Med cruise. But the late seating on that cruise was 9:30. :eek: Now that's late!

I stand by my BEYOND RIDICULOUS statement. :p

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll be switching to late seating! Too early to get ready! :)

We were on Voyager in February and found the early seating to be tooooo early. You barely had enough time to get your 15 meals plus snacks in before it was dinner time!

Archived