The most fun you have ever had on cruise

bcwizgal

Hi there!

My friend Anne and I are going on Visions of the Seas-Oct 10/2004 and Im getting so excited! We are both nurses and single!Were both from British Columbia. Is there many singles on cruises?Can you give me all the pointers on what to see etc while in Mexico?

Do you have to be careful what you eat even on ship?Do people dress really fancy every night?Where's the best coffee on this ship?(this is very important!!!)........I look forward to hearing back from Anyone!

Only 9 more days till we leave!Yipppeeeeeeeee!.........Andrea

Andrea -

Welcome to the cruise cult. You will be assimilated, and soon all of your waking hours will be occupied with thinking about the last cruise you were on, until you plan the next cruise you're going on.

On a seven day Riviera cruise, there should be two "really formal" nights, with ladies in long dresses and men in suits. Some will go with gowns and tuxes. Other nights, most people will wear nice, but not dressy clothes - not shorts, jeans, etc.

You should watch for the Not-So-Newlywed game on board (a cruise standard) and some form of a lounge scavenger hunt (teams are challenged to produce strange items on the spot, like "two women's bras not being worn"). Both of these are great to watch and/or participate in.

This time of year you should get a fair number of singles. The last cruise I took on this route, I was at a table for eight, and 6 were traveling as singles. Not everyone was looking, but there were no shortages.

If you're a party person, Senior Frog's is the biggest drinking/party/debauch that we were near. It may or may not be the same now (15 years later).

You don't have to be careful of what you eat on the ship, but do be careful while in Mexico, of any fruit that you don't have to peel before eating, ice in drinks, anything you could purchase from a roadside stand.

Just use common sense.

You'll have a great time! Cabo is my favorite city in Mexico.

Another poster mentioned Senior Frogs. It is a fun place, I don't know how crazy it gets during the day, even when the ships are in port. In Cabo, a similar setting is Giggling Marlin.

There is a large, plastic marlin in the back. They hoist you up by your ankles and take your picture, so it looks as those the fish caught YOU, instead of the other way around. It's a hoot. The food there is terrible, but the ambience is a blast! They used to have a signature drink called Skip and Go Naked. It tasted like a chocolate milkshake. I don't know if they still have those or not. Also, there was an area where you could get a temporary tattoo. Very fun!

T

It is all in your attitude. Go with the thought that you are ready to have a great time and get involved! You will have a blast. Be ready to meet new people and make new friends. There is nothing like a cruise. Have a blast and don't look back.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have had the most fun on all of my cruise's, but the one that sticks out in my mind the most, was on the Golden Princess afew years ago and my husband and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary!! Special memories for us both!!

• 2 weeks later...

you might like cabo wabo in cabo san lucas...

the most fun I ever had on a cruise was on halloween night on my last cruise.

so many people were really dressed up- some real outrageous, creative, crazy costumes.

they decorated the promenade deck really cool.

it was as if I was at a halloween party with hundreds of friends.

just going to dinner, walking the promenade, going to the disco,

karaoke, riding the elevator was so much fun with everyone dressed up.

I will definitely book another halloween cruise and am going on one

this new years because the oct 31 cruise was so fun...:p

You don't have to be careful of what you eat on the ship, but do be careful while in Mexico, of any fruit that you don't have to peel before eating, ice in drinks, anything you could purchase from a roadside stand.

Just use common sense.

You'll have a great time! Cabo is my favorite city in Mexico.

Another poster mentioned Senior Frogs. It is a fun place, I don't know how crazy it gets during the day, even when the ships are in port. In Cabo, a similar setting is Giggling Marlin.

There is a large, plastic marlin in the back. They hoist you up by your ankles and take your picture, so it looks as those the fish caught YOU, instead of the other way around. It's a hoot. The food there is terrible, but the ambience is a blast! They used to have a signature drink called Skip and Go Naked. It tasted like a chocolate milkshake. I don't know if they still have those or not. Also, there was an area where you could get a temporary tattoo. Very fun!

T

Went to Senor Frog's...had a good time; it wasn't really crowded but we had an early lunch (11AM). The margaritas, although very GREEN!!! were lousy, my friends said. But the food was awesome, and the place had a real party atmosphere (DJ, conga lines, chugging contests)....I can't drink cos I'm a diabetic but it was fun watching my friends stagger back to the ship lol!!

Have a blast, wherever you are! Ports are what you make them :rolleyes: While in Belize I did not schedule any shore excursions for myself; rather after tendering in I turned LEFT while everyone else turned right, took in a lot of local culture that way and found an awesome local restraunt.

• 2 months later...

Best cruise was making a special occasion really SPECIAL. For our 35th wedding anniversary this year we cruised from Tahiti to Hawaii, with the next to last day going on a shore excursion to Fern Grotto and a "Romantic Luau", where we celebrated our marriage to each other with a special ceremony. But the one event alone is not what made this trip special, it was spending the whole cruise focused on each other and having fun together.

My advice: Don't wait 35 years. How about the next available special occasion?

Any day on a cruise will be wonderful. Last November we did Central America and although I got the dreaded Cruise Crude I still had great memories of what all we did. My 40th B-day was on a cruise and it was my best one ever. What is nice about a cruise is that there is something for everyone. Don't want to participate in the pool games, that's fine, just can get a great seat above and have a blast just watching. Not a sun lover, that's ok there is a ton of other stuff to do. Just want to relax that is fine there are plenty of quiet corners. Love to eat, then you will love a cruise. Run into a jerk on board, that's ok, there are so many other great folks, you will forget them soon. Or better yet have a drink and bitch about them, hey it's your vacation. Just enjoy! Lydia of Ohio

:) This may not be a normal 'best time', but mine was the first time that my wife and I stepped onto a cruise ship. It was like stepping into a different world, where everyone was smiling. At this point we felt rewarded for all our years of hard work. It was worth it!!! :D john taylor

There were 18 of us on the Celebration sailing out of New Orleans. You know how the Cruise Director asks early on, who is from where. Well, I'd say 90% of the folks on board were from Louisiana. Anyway, my cousin became engaged on stage and from that point on, every time the CD stepped on stage it was LOUISIANA yells from everywhere....it was a great time for all of us and it was also our very first cruise.

Archived