Just booked the Conquest

michelle2

go by the pursers desk and pick up one of the little cards that shows the layout of the ship. Then if you want to make any changes to your seating arrangment or time of eating in the dining room go there first to do so. THEN go eat and start enjoying!!! I miss that ship SSSOOO much!!

When in November? We are booked for the 16th for a 50th anniversary cruise for my parents. This is their 1st cruise and my mom is very nervous about it.

We are going on Nov 16 too. I got a great price. It is the lowest we have ever paid for a cruise. Why is your mom nervous?

Nov 2nd weekend, motorcycle rally in Galveston, hotels will be expensive (2 day min?) or hard to find;

Are you flying in a day early?

We are staying in Kemah (@30 min away), for now, that may change. First time on Conquest, so excited! Trying to decide on shore excursions to book early; Can't decide....

Are you flying in a day early?

Yes, we'll fly a day early. I'm glad we are going on Nov 16, but I guess I should figure out the logistics early in case something is going on that weekend too. I haven't figured out how to get from Houston to Galveston. I think it is a bit of a drive. What are you guys doing?

Driving to Kemah Sat, from Dallas/Fort Worth (not a bad drive).

This will be our 2nd cruise from Galveston (RCCL 2002).

How is the Galveston pier for embarkation? Is this your first time on Carnival?

We are going on Nov 16 too. I got a great price. It is the lowest we have ever paid for a cruise. Why is your mom nervous?

She is not a big fan of water but this type of vacation was the best and most economical option for the entire family to go on. She is pretty much just going because my dad and the rest of us wanted to go on a cruise. Also because our cabins on forward on the Verandah deck--she has always heard that you feel more movement close to the front. Our TA was trying to get all of our cabins close together (there are 13 of us) and I believe this area was the best option. I am sure she will have a great time once we get going but until then I will be working hard to help her be as prepared as possible. Where are your cabins located?

I am glad to see mostly positive reviews of the Conquest.

Embarking was a breeze last time. Dropped off luggage first, parked fairly close and a bus dropped us off at the terminal quickly (no waiting). There was only one ship in port that day. This may be interesting in Nov (with 2 ships? I need to check, perhaps only Conquest will be in port in Nov- hummm). We hope to get there early though.

I know everyone will have the best cruise. We have never had a bad one! I think I just keep getting MORE excited. I can hardly wait!!!! This is our second cruise with Carnival. The first completely exceeded our expectations. We are "cheap" and go with the best price now. And have NEVER been disappointed! We love being able to drive to Galveston!

The Galveston terminal is great for embarkation. Alot of refurbishing has been done in the past few years and boarding is very easy and comfortable. Disembarking can be a different story. We have sailed from Galveston four times and never had a big problem debarking but I have read enough of others experiences to know we have been luckier than most. I think the biggest problem is that delays getting off the ship can have a big effect for people flying out of the Houston area as the airports are a considerable distance from the ship.

For people driving to the pier Kemah is a great spot to spend the night. The Boardwalk has a number of places to eat and plenty of amusements for a fun evening.

http://www.kemahboardwalk.com

I've only been home 5 days from the Spirit and I booked the Conquest for November. Anyone have any Conquest advice for me. I'm very excited!

The best advice i can give you is try to keep your mouth shut because it will open in awwww at the sight of the Conquest lol seriosly go have a great time and just watch how many jaws drop.;)

She is not a big fan of water but this type of vacation was the best and most economical option for the entire family to go on. She is pretty much just going because my dad and the rest of us wanted to go on a cruise. Also because our cabins on forward on the Verandah deck--she has always heard that you feel more movement close to the front. Our TA was trying to get all of our cabins close together (there are 13 of us) and I believe this area was the best option. I am sure she will have a great time once we get going but until then I will be working hard to help her be as prepared as possible. Where are your cabins located?

I am glad to see mostly positive reviews of the Conquest.

We are on deck 7 near the back.

What a great way to celebrate your parent's anniversary. Hopefully your mother will love it. I think a cruise is a great choice for a family vacation - something for everyone.

Last week on the Spirit the ship was rocking on the last day and night. I ate a "ginger chew" that I got from a health food store. It worked miracles! My husband also ate one and felt much better. I sometimes take dramamine, but it makes me sleepy. If your mother is concerned about seasickness you might want to look into ginger. I bought the ginger capsules for a previous cruise, but they are really large and hard for me to swallow. I liked the ginger chews much better.

Last week on the Spirit the ship was rocking on the last day and night. I ate a "ginger chew" that I got from a health food store. It worked miracles! My husband also ate one and felt much better. I sometimes take dramamine, but it makes me sleepy. If your mother is concerned about seasickness you might want to look into ginger. I bought the ginger capsules for a previous cruise, but they are really large and hard for me to swallow. I liked the ginger chews much better.

Thanks for the tips! I started a roll call here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=746937

Come join me! So far I am the only one.

Archived