Balcony Banner...

Desiree D

For the Conquest, Nov 2nd election cruise;

I want to "mark our balcony" for a pic on one of the days at port (only). How would we be able to secure a red, white and blue banner to the balcony (rope, zip tie?) so that we can spot our balcony? Maybe something bright and "generic" would be better. We've never had a balcony before.

Has anyone ever wanted to do this besides me? There are too many balconies, they all look alike.

We'll be visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel (perhaps in Mexico as opposed to the others to put up an "american flag" kinda thing- you think?). We really aren't overly patriotic, but the banners were real cheap after July 4th last year. I just want something that will show up in a picture or two.

Need your opinions.

Thanks!

Desiree

It is my understanding that cruise lines don't allow banners and other items to be hung from the balconies. There was a big fire on a ship a while back, because a cigarette caught something on a balcony on fire.

We have taken a big "cling" window decoration and placed it on the door to spot our balcony. We also leave the curtains open or closed in way to help spot our cabin.

I am not sure if security will stand for this. It would be very easy to hang and

attached with zip ties. But I think as soon as they discover it they will be

removing it.

I think your best bet is a big bright banner that you attached to your

door from the inside. You can get the suction cups at a hobby store

which they use at Christmas to hang lights.

I think if you make a banner big enough you can see it from port.

You will not see it from Grand Cayman as you tender about aways out.

For the Conquest, Nov 2nd election cruise;

I want to "mark our balcony" for a pic on one of the days at port (only). How would we be able to secure a red, white and blue banner to the balcony (rope, zip tie?) so that we can spot our balcony? Maybe something bright and "generic" would be better. We've never had a balcony before.

Has anyone ever wanted to do this besides me? There are too many balconies, they all look alike.

We'll be visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel (perhaps in Mexico as opposed to the others to put up an "american flag" kinda thing- you think?). We really aren't overly patriotic, but the banners were real cheap after July 4th last year. I just want something that will show up in a picture or two.

Need your opinions.

Thanks!

Desiree

It would be considered combustable material and removed by the cabin steward. If you were to do it, it might be best to leave someone behind in the cabin to remove it after the photo is taken.

Dave

I even noticed last cruise that they are making announcements for people not to leave anything on the balconies including beach towels and swimsuits to dry. I think anything that could catch fire and/or blow overboard is a no-no.

Archived