Celebrity Air

ladyjane550

Celebrity only does air as a "convenience", they are not responsible about delayed flights. Our insurance is always to arrange to go a day early. And when we book our own flights we mostly save enough to pay for the hotel.

If you book Celebrity's air, are they responsible to get you to the ship in time?

What happens if their air is delayed? Our cruise insurance in through Access America (cheaper).

I don't have direct experience with a problem, but from what I've read here, it can go either way. I have my second cruise coming up soon, and for both I have used Celebrity air, assuming that they would help if there was an issue.

On these boards, I have read that if it is a short delay, they will hold the ship, but if it's a long delay, you meet them at the next port. I have heard that they have been very helpful in getting people to the next port, and that they have not been so helpful...

I have my fingers crossed that the flight to my next cruise all goes well, and there are no issues... :)

If Celebrity loses your luggage between the ship and airport they'll do absolutely nothing about getting it back to the states once found.

So I'm going to bet that if flights get fouled up, late, cancelled, whatever, you're on your own dealing with the airlines. The onboard experience is awesome, their customer service offship sucks.......

X (or most cruise lines for that matter) DO NOT have to help in any way, shape or form. They will try to help-but cruise air tickets are HEAVILY restricted by the cruise line/airline contract. Most cruise air tickets are consolidator class. They have NO value to another airline, other than the originating carrier. So if you have a problem with your flight-doesn't matter what-you are ENTIRELY at the mercy of the originating air carrier. Your ticket will NOT allow you to board another airline, UNLESS the originating carrier is willing to pay the other airline IN CASH. No tit for tat exchanging seats as is so common in the airline industry on normal paid tickets.

As someone posted, cruise air, hotels, excursions and transportation are booked as a CONVENIENCE and the cruise line assumes NO responsibility for third party vendors.

Here is a link to Celebrity' Cruise Contract.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/CCI_Cruise_Ticket_contract.pdf

PLEASE check out paragraph 5 and 15. Not only are they NOT responsible for you, if you miss the ship, they do not have to refund any of your money, nor do they have to pay for lodging, meals or transport. The BEST option is to book your own flights, fly a day early, buy travel insurance and enjoy your cruise. With three airlines quitting service this week and other airlines cutting domestic capacity, flights will even be fuller. If you miss your flight on a cruise air ticket, you may have to wait quite a few days until there is SPACE AVAILABLE seating on the originating airline. Not a pretty thought!!!

I had Celebrity air for my cruise in Jan. to Miami took a very early flight 5:45am got to JFK flight was cancel there were no more flight to Miami out of JFK called Celebrity 800# said we were on our own.. A nice lady fromAA gave me a number to call got on a flight out of LGA we did not get to the ship until 4pm. I always thought when you book air with celebrity they would take care of everything WRONG..That the last time i will book Celebrity Air .Plus i had to pay for a taxi to get LGA $75.00. When i got home i called celebrity they gave me an onboard credit for my next cruise for $75.00

MHoward909

Maureen

Archived