Best Snorkeling

Fun Loving

We didn't snorkle, but saw tons of people snorkling at the beach right at the pier. No traveling and no excursion fee. I read lots of great reviews on it. We rented a golf cart and toured the island on our own, but next time I am there, we will snorkle where the ship docks.

• 2 months later...
We didn't snorkle, but saw tons of people snorkling at the beach right at the pier. No traveling and no excursion fee. I read lots of great reviews on it. We rented a golf cart and toured the island on our own, but next time I am there, we will snorkle where the ship docks.

Tweety - were the other beaches on the island not good for snokling? DH and I have our own gear and we wanted to get away from the cruise dock and find a nice beach maybe a little out of the way. I certainly want to make sure we make the most of our day and if that means staying close to the pier to snorkle maybe we need to change our plans??

Count me as interested as well. We leave Saturday for the cruise this Sunday.

rns

We were there on June 19. I am not sure you'll see anything if you snorkel from a beach. I would recommend the Ultimate Snorkeling excursion. I have written a "Mini Review" on this board, so maybe you'd like to read my comments there. Have a GREAT time whatever you choose to do!

There was hardly anybody on the beach, so it was not crowded and yet safer. There was very little wave activity, so it was not choppy at all. We rented a golf cart for the four of us and it was a nice way to get around. Hop on and off anywhere you want, jump in the ocean, etc.

We saw about 5-6 different species of fish near the coral just off the main beach.

I would have been afraid to snorkle on the other side of the island because of the choppy waves.

I heard people on our cruise (in Jan. 08) complain that the snorkle trip to the coral reef was really deep water, cold, and choppy waves.

Archived