Do people dress up on the Spirit?

Gingee

My sister just took a cruise last week on the Jewel and she said there was hardly anyone dressed for dinner. Did she miss people or is it mainly casual? I am bummed. I want to dress up.

If you want to dress up, I certainly suggest you do. I've found my cruises have varied. Though the general dress code is 'resort casual' they don't have formal night. Instead, it's something like 'Dress up or not'. It's all your choice and I've found alot of people do to take advantage of the photo opportunities on 'Dress up' night.

For every night dinners I've seen many who wear cocktail dresses every night and many who wear capri's. Again, all a matter of preference, all a matter of choice. Do as you wish.:)

in early dec, on the spirit, there were passengers dressed up. mostly in after 5, but some in formals. there were lines for the photos. about 40% of the passengers were in some type of dress up. feel free to dress up all you want, others will.

but it won't be the whole ship, no....

personally, i am not a dress up kind of girl...but i love seeing those that are, fun to see people in their finery.

I would expect your sisters experience on the Jewel to be similar to the Spirit. It does change depending when you travel. Spring breaks, etc are different that off season, or longer cruises. But full formal dress is limited.

My sister just took a cruise last week on the Jewel and she said there was hardly anyone dressed for dinner. Did she miss people or is it mainly casual? I am bummed. I want to dress up.

Great cruising with NCL. We dress up when we want to and if we are tired we do not.

It also depends on port/sea days...on sea days, passengers have the time to dress up as they are not coming back from ports...tired.

Time of year on your cruise...when we cruise off-season - no school/college crowds, more will dress up.

Relax and enjoy your cruise and dress-up when you like;)

in early dec, on the spirit, there were passengers dressed up. mostly in after 5, but some in formals. there were lines for the photos. about 40% of the passengers were in some type of dress up. feel free to dress up all you want, others will.

but it won't be the whole ship, no....

personally, i am not a dress up kind of girl...but i love seeing those that are, fun to see people in their finery.

I agree; I like to wear my "designed for travel" pants and top, or a simple dress for dinner. However, I also love seeing the people who go all out and wear their finery too! I also love strolling through the picture gallery and seeing those who dressed for their portrait pictures. That's so much fun.

Please feel free to dress as nice as you want. My sister cruises NCL as well and LOVES to dress up for dinner!

a good balance can be seen wearing their best and their freestyle best. personally it's nice for my wife and i to dress up at least once...for the pictures. while the photos do seem expensive...once you leave the ship...you know what you can do with them if you need copies...*wink*...if not...go find yourself a photo techie friend.

a good balance can be seen wearing their best and their freestyle best. personally it's nice for my wife and i to dress up at least once...for the pictures. while the photos do seem expensive...once you leave the ship...you know what you can do with them if you need copies...*wink*...if not...go find yourself a photo techie friend.

What are you talking about? "Wink?"

Sis was on during spring break which may have effected the "dress up ratio".

Charlie

We are looking at the January 4th cruising (college semester break-daughter in college). Do they announce in their capers certain dress up nights like they do at Carnival and Royal? I just got a couple dresses and debating about returning them or not (five day cruise this summer-only one dress up) but if I can use them in January, even better. Then again I don't want to be one of the few dressing up.

It also depends on port/sea days...on sea days, passengers have the time to dress up as they are not coming back from ports...tired.

Ugh. You can say that again. We signed up for the Murder Mystery Dinner which was on the night we were in Cozumel. After regular swimming and swimming with the Dolphins, there were huge lines to get back on board (tendering). We arrived back on board at 5 pm and had to meet for the Murder Mystery dinner at 5:15. Just time to change out of swimsuits and put something decent on. What a picture we were with our "seawater hair". Needless to say, not many pictures taken that night...but we had a ball! :D

We are looking at the January 4th cruising (college semester break-daughter in college). Do they announce in their capers certain dress up nights like they do at Carnival and Royal? I just got a couple dresses and debating about returning them or not (five day cruise this summer-only one dress up) but if I can use them in January, even better. Then again I don't want to be one of the few dressing up.

I wouldn't return them. If you like them and like to dress up, go for it! Even tho it's a shorter cruise with only one dress up or not night, you will see many ladies in dresses on other nights. That's the joy of freestyle....wear what you want!

You will not be alone wearing a nice dress all 5 nights if you want.

And yes, the optional dress up nights will be advertised in the Freestyle Daily, just like on other cruiselines.

Enjoy those dresses!

We were on the Spirit in February and I would say less than 10% dressed up on the fist Dress up night. I "dressed up" by wearing slacks and a new shirt instead of the jeans I wore all week. as for the second dress up night...... we MISSED it! what I mean is we didn't look at the daily schedule and by the last night of the cruise we realized we couldn't figure out when it occured by what people were wearing! :confused: The ships photogrraphers were not doing much business at all. One begged us to get our picture taken but I wouldn't do it until SHE posed for me ! turnabout is fair ! haha :D

The photo shop on the ship owns the copyright to all photos taken by them. It is illegal (not impossible) to make copies if you need extras.

Charlie

Doesn't NCL give you a release form if you ask for one? I know that Carnival does. Not sure about other lines.

Doesn't NCL give you a release form if you ask for one? I know that Carnival does. Not sure about other lines.
I believe so. There are release forms online for some of the cruiselines also.

We've never had a picture that we wanted reproduced. I'm not that photogenic:o

Charlie

Archived