Tell Me I Found It!!!

sassy0930

Ok so my fiance and I booked an IS GTY for our wedding/honeymoon cruise on the Victory. I've been playing around with the "find your stateroom trick" for about two weeks now. I had started at the bottom but I didn't get very far. The next time I tried I started at the top. (there are fewer cabins so I got through more decks faster HAHAHA)

so I just entered 7353 and got the "We are sorry, but an online order cannot be placed for a Guaranteed Category cabin. Please call 1-800-522-7648 to place your order over the phone." Message!

so that means that is the room connected with my booking right??? THAT'S A BALCONY!!!! I am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!! I'm one of the only ones in my roll call who doesn't have the assigned room showing up on our reservation page!!!

How many people who find their cabin this way actually keep the one they find??? I've read a couple.

Ok so my fiance and I booked an IS GTY for our wedding/honeymoon cruise on the Victory. I've been playing around with the "find your stateroom trick" for about two weeks now. I had started at the bottom but I didn't get very far. The next time I tried I started at the top. (there are fewer cabins so I got through more decks faster HAHAHA)

so I just entered 7353 and got the "We are sorry, but an online order cannot be placed for a Guaranteed Category cabin. Please call 1-800-522-7648 to place your order over the phone." Message!

so that means that is the room connected with my booking right??? THAT'S A BALCONY!!!! I am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!! I'm one of the only ones in my roll call who doesn't have the assigned room showing up on our reservation page!!!

It worked for us once. Since then we haven't tried it.

I also have a guarentee cabin on our upcoming Glory trip. Would you please explain the "find your stateroom" trick. I know it's too soon to start checking but us it gets closer I'll be trying every trick in the book to find out where we're at.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise. I can't wait to read your reveiw.

Question:

Approximately how many days away from sailing should I start trying to find our room using this trick? I remember doing it 4 years ago for our cruise then, and the room the trick predicted ended up being the same room we were assigned onboard, I just don't recall how far in advance the assignment is given.

Well, the trick is...

You go on to carnival.com and go to the gifts section.

You pretend like you want to buy a gift.

You put in your booking number where it tells you.

Then you just start entering stateroom numbers.

The good thing is you can avoid cabins in lower categories than you booked. (I booked the IS so I had to enter ALL the rooms, but if you booked an OV then you can skip the interior ones)

The message you get for all the wrong rooms is invalid booking/cabin bumber. The message you get for the right one is the one I posted above.

I am 43 days out. All of the others on my roll call have had there assignments for weeks now. so I probably could've found it earlier, but I had a LOT of rooms to go through!! I wouldn 't try more than 60 days out!

Sassy0930,

I have only done the kelly method of finding my "guarantee" cabin once, so I may not be the expert here with advice., but this was my experience;

I went under the purchase gift category, then when they asked what cabin to have it sent to, I just started puting in cabin#'s that started with the category that I had booked my guarantee in. Once I did find my cabin, the order form then allowed me to purchase something under that cabin#. That is how I knew that I had connected my reservation to my cabin that was assigned to us. If it is not the correct cabin # entered, it will say something like "that cabin # & reservation # do not match".

I would go thru all of the cabin#'s in your guarantee cat. first,(ex; IS, or OV) before starting to put in numbers for cabins outside of your category.

I have never experienced the message that you got when you typed in that balcony cabin#, but it almost sounds to me like you didn't connect with your cabin number, or they would have allowed you to purchase something.

What category of "guarantee" cabin did you purchase? Interior, or Ocean View?

I would call the 800 number they posted, and see if you can get any info from them.

I booked an inside gty. not even a 4a gty just an IS gty. I know they changed the website I while ago. I remember the old messages I got from the last cruise I was on. These messages are different.

Technically they haven't "assigned" my cabin, just connected it to my booking. So they say I can't order anything with a gaurantee cabin. but they recognize that I booked a gty... so I know it's connected. Once it's actually assigned I imagine I could order something.

Congrats on the great cabin! I used that trick a week or so ago & found my cabin, along with 2 others in our group. We were about 85 days out when I found it. We booked a BL gty and got just that, a balcony 8A. Our group is actually all in the same area, so we're happy with our assignments, no upgrades, but thats fine with me.

I normally book a guarantee cabin. I usually have my cabin assigned shortly after full payment is made. However, on my last cruise, the cabin was not assigned until we got to the terminal.

I did the find my cabin method, using the bon voyage site for my last cruise. It gave me the same message you are seeing for your assignment. Once I got to the pier, the porters "officially" assigned my cabin and lo & behold, it was the same cabin. I was upgraded from an IS guarantee to a 6C OV. On a Fantasy class ship, that's a pretty awesome upgrade also.

I think that the reason your cabin is not assigned, but you see it in bon voyage, is that in the event they have a "special" customer request a room in the category you are assigned at this time, then they will bump you down (thinking you won't notice). So, my suggestion is, don't get too excited until you get to the pier and drop off your luggage and the porters tell you your room assignment.

I hope you do get the balcony. That would be a wonderful way to sail for your honeymoon! Good Luck and Happy Sailing!

Ok so my fiance and I booked an IS GTY for our wedding/honeymoon cruise on the Victory. so that means that is the room connected with my booking right??? THAT'S A BALCONY!!!! I am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!

Sassay - I sure hope that you get upgraded from an IS to a balcony, but I would have to wonder if you sailing on the same Carnival that I've sailed on. (DH & I are Platinum Cruisers booked 1a Gty. & that's exactly what they assigned us - even though inside with 2 lower beds available - made us pay to change to those rooms.) Maybe the person who gives out room assignments has a romantic streak and knowing its a honeymoon took out the stops for you. It would be nice to think that happens. Again, I'm hoping for you guys but just don't build up you hopes only to have them let you down. Go in expecting the inside & until you finally get your official room assignment - and if it is a balcony - WOW! When is your honeymoon? Let us know how this plays out.

the honeymoon starts may 18. I don't know what the deal is. Maybe it's a romantic streak.

We do like interior staterooms low on the ship. It's what we had the first cruise and we loved it. We could hear the hum of the engines and it put us right to sleep.

We're just keeping our fingers crossed!!!!

It looks like that is your cabin. My daughter and I booked a 4a gty, got the same message as you have clear up to the day that we started our cruise.

Our assignment was a 5a porthole window. It was also the largest porthole window cabin. Never did show on our booking page.

Must be that honeymoon!!! I hope so, a friend of mine has a son going on his honeymoon in June on the Valor. I suggested booking bl gty. I am hoping that they, as a honeymooning couple and first time cruise, also get a great upgrade!

Have a great time on your honeymoon ...congrats!!!!

cruzn

How many people who find their cabin this way actually keep the one they find??? I've read a couple.

I don't want to burst your bubble and maybe your luck will be better than ours, but we had the same situation when we sailed on the Valor two weeks ago. I had booked an inside guarantee and then found by using the "trick" that we were assigned to cabin 1103 - a balcony!! I was so excited. I kept checking the Carnival website every day - my cabin was still listed TBA but the trick was still showing 1103. I checked the website right up to when we left. When I got to the port Sunday morning, and checked with the porter, I was assigned to 1025 - an inside cabin. Now at that point I would have slept in a chair on deck, but it was a little disappointing. My advice: don't get your hopes up. It could change anytime. And either way, have a great honeymoon!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think them assigning rooms has anything to do with when you make your final payment? Say, if I fully paid off my cruise now, even though final payment isn't due until August, then they'll assign me a room quicker? Or, possibly, upgrade my IS Guarantee...:p I'm willing to up my chances as best I can! :D

nope. We made final payment just about the same time as everyone else in our roll call and they almost all have assignments and I still just have this trick. Nothing had been officially assigned. There is no rhyme or reason to how they do it. But they certainly won't start assigning rooms until after final payment date. They want to be able to sell as many rooms as possible and if they start assigning rooms, they can't sell GTY of that category. Does that make any sense??

All the gty's will get at least the level of cabin guaranteed. But don't forget that Carnival keep selling cabins until the ship is full or the day of sailing. You might be pencilled into a balcony cabin now, but if they can sell that cabin at the balcony price, they'll move you. Hope for the owner's suite, but expect what you paid for.

I don't want to burst your bubble and maybe your luck will be better than ours, but we had the same situation when we sailed on the Valor two weeks ago. I had booked an inside guarantee and then found by using the "trick" that we were assigned to cabin 1103 - a balcony!! I was so excited. I kept checking the Carnival website every day - my cabin was still listed TBA but the trick was still showing 1103. I checked the website right up to when we left. When I got to the port Sunday morning, and checked with the porter, I was assigned to 1025 - an inside cabin. Now at that point I would have slept in a chair on deck, but it was a little disappointing. My advice: don't get your hopes up. It could change anytime. And either way, have a great honeymoon!!!

On the Conquest class ships, cabin 1103 is a 6E OV Family cabin I believe. Those speciality cabins are more likely to be changed even after it is connected with your booking, kind of like being assigned a handicap cabin when you're not handicapped. I booked an OV gty. on the Legend last December and used the gift method to find what cabin was connected with our booking and it came up a 8F Balcony!! Then I immediately wished that I hadn't done that because I knew that we could still be assigned a different cabin. But the "fairy" came through and we ended with that same cabin when we got to the pier. It probably won't ever show on your Carnival website reservation.

Yeah. My thoughts are that I still may be moved, we have a quad so I suppose if the ship isn't over capacity a family of four may get that room, but It's 30 days out, so I'm sure the ship is at capacity at this point.

I know I might end up with the Inside but that would be great too, because I'll be newly married and sailing away on my honeymoon!!

sassy: The only time I booked a guarantee was on the Glory a few years ago. I booked an OV guarantee and received a balcony. Like you I "checked" until I found that message. And, yes indeed that was my cabin. Of course, now that I've had the balcony I don't want to book anything but!

Archived