Requesting table mates? (Adults only)

CariBlue

Cariblue - Maybe you should have chosen an "Adults Only" cruise.

Or, like cruiseforlife said, get a table for two.

And there is always ROOM SERVICE.

There are some very well behaved children and mine happens to be one of them. She would be a joy to have at any table.

Jennie

Jennie- if I wanted to sit with "well behaved children" I would bring mine along with me, but since I am leaving them at home I would not find yours a "joy" to be sitting with.

While I don't care if you bring your child that doesn't mean I am a bad person for not wanting to sit with you and your daughter. And it definately doesn't mean that I should sit in my cabin and have ROOM SERVICE.

Back to the OP's question feel free to ask for a table for two or to request whom you wish to dine with. Have a wonderful time.

Sitting at a table with children can be limiting.

We were on a cruise after 9/11. September 22 to be exact. We were at a table with a couple with adorable, well-behaved children, but the parents asked that we shield their children the this tragedy and not to mention it, please.

We all obliged, but there were times we were just hungry for information about what was going on, that we found we were speaking in code!

Also, by the end of the week the adorable, well-behaved children were used to us and their good behaviour and manners were replaced with screaming and sulking, while we all sat there with those frozen smiles on our faces.:mad:

I know better now. It's my vacation and I would not want to sit at a table with children.

However, in personal choice, for just one meal, (preferably b'fast or lunch), I wouldn't mind.

While teaching (retired after thirty-five years), I really didn't want to eat with children during my vacations. Children were wonderful, but time away from them was wonderful also. It was time to live in the adult world for several days.

We will ask to be seated with adults on our cruise. We once sat with a couple and their 9 year old daughter. Her parents obviously thought the world was put here just for her. And if the conversation took a more adult turn the mother would immediately change the subject in order to make her the centre of attention. That child could talk your ear off!

Archived