Has anyone used Museum-Tours in Egypt?

Benita

Benita,

back when we were researching our Feb. 2006 Egypt tour, Museum tours was one of the three tour companies I was comparing to each other. When I requested information from them by mail they sent it in a timely manner. I picked another company because they had a 7 night cruise (we didn't have to change hotels so often) and they had a tour to Abydos and Dendara we could add on while in Luxor. Also a big plus for the tour company we used was that they guarenteed that the trip would go even with only 2 people. That is a good thing to have. I have heard of some people who get their trip canceled because not enough people sign up. In Cairo there was only the two us, the guide and the driver. While on the boat we were paired with three other Americans for the tours in Luxor, on the boat and Aswan all with the same guide. You can also go to Fodors travel forum or Trip advisors forum and do a search for Museum tours, you may find out more information.

By the way the weather in February was wonderful.

What ever you choose I am sure you'll have a great trip.

Julie

Thanks Julie, Which company did you wind up using? The minimum number for Museum-tours is two people and we will have their guide with us for the entire trip, even the cruise, which we like. It is so much quicker getting into the different sites with a small group.

Benita,

We chose to go with Travel Egypt, which is the US office of South Sinai Travel, an Egyptian Company, with their own Nile Cruise Boat. We took a tour which they no longer offer. It was a special King Tut tour, because of the Tut artifacts which were touring the US at the time. They were more expensive than the Musuem Tours but they encluded the airfare from NY to Cairo and we were all inclusive on the cruise, so didn't have to pay for drinks. It is good that your tour would go even with just two, that was a big plus with us.

When we were planning our Egypt trip the travel channel had a show on the top 10 places in Egypt. Our tour go us to 8 of them. so that was a big reason we picked it. The Egyptian Odyssey seems like a good tour, that is the one we were looking at.

Julie

Archived