RCI Excursion to El Yunque Rain Forest

cruise4family

Has anybody taken the Royal Caribbean El Yunque Rain Forest Tour? Wanted to know if it was fun, interesting, worth the money, etc. We don't want to rent a car and go on our own, but not sure if the cruise ship excursion is good. First time in PR so any information on this tour is appreciated. Thank you! :)

We were there Oct 2007 on the Grandeur. The ship docked in the afternoon and we took the ship excursion to the rainforest. At that time of year it gets dark early and I felt we were rushed through the various stops. The bus was still in the forest when the sun set and it got pitch black in no time. I wish the ship had gotten there earlier so we would have had more time on the tour. On a cruise previous to that one we had a couple who were originally from Peurto Rico at our table. They recommended the rainforest tour over all the others RCL was offering. Bottom line - we enjoyed it but wish we had more daylight.

We did it in '05 and we loved it. I can't wait to see it again next March. We'll be doing it on our own next time. We're cruising out of San Juan and will either be renting a car, or taking a private tour. Right now I'm leaning towards the private tour. I want someone to show me the sights and who knows their way around the island.

Karen

Archived