Azamara ship

camella

Has anyone taken their kids on one of these ships? I would love to try them but we have an 11 year old and since there is no kids program, I'm thinking she would be quite bored. If she brought a friend would that work or is there nothing for them to do? Thanks in advance for your help. Linda

You need to post this on Azamara's board. You'll get better responses there. But seeing that Azamara doesn't have a kid's program, an 11 year old might be a bit bored unless she just likes to hang at the pool and visit the ports of call. And, there will be few, if any, kids her age on board, due to the no kid's program especially if you cruise when school is in session.

Well I cruised on them when they still had a kid's program. At 32, I was the 3rd youngest person on the ship. Me, a 15 year old, and a small infant.

I would say that, there is a very good chance that she would be very bored. It's all adult entertainment, shows, and meals.

Has anyone taken their kids on one of these ships? I would love to try them but we have an 11 year old and since there is no kids program, I'm thinking she would be quite bored. If she brought a friend would that work or is there nothing for them to do? Thanks in advance for your help. Linda

The two Azamara ships are great ships (I am assuming the Quest is as nice as the Journey) but, sadly for you, kids are not in the demographics. On the maiden season to Bermuda a kids program was put together but that was only because many people had booked the Zenith prior to the change. There is currently no children's program. The Celebrity ships have some great kid's programs, as least according to the younger cruise critics in my family!

Thanks for all the responses. They moved the post for me. It's also good to know that at 32 was one of the youngest on the ship. Yikes. I'm 50 but I feel like I'm 30 so I guess I'll wait until I get much older b/c we recently got off the Constellation and even though it was spring break, we found the crowd to be very very old. I guess maybe because it was a 10 day instead of 7? Not sure why but we've never had that experience on X and we usually take them 2-3 times a year.

Thanks for all the responses. They moved the post for me. It's also good to know that at 32 was one of the youngest on the ship. Yikes. I'm 50 but I feel like I'm 30 so I guess I'll wait until I get much older b/c we recently got off the Constellation and even though it was spring break, we found the crowd to be very very old. I guess maybe because it was a 10 day instead of 7? Not sure why but we've never had that experience on X and we usually take them 2-3 times a year.

Oh, please don't take my post the wrong way. I greatly enjoyed my cruise on the Journey. It's right up there as one of my favorites. I loved the smallness of the ship and the interaction with the crew. I would go back on there in a heart beat.

This is my opinion and my opinion only, but to me the ships and the itn is being marketed toward the crowd. It should be for the more adventurous, not the older crowd that was on it when I sailed.

Archived