Stone Island In Mazatlan?

Cruisin'40

Oh brother, more advertisement by Kind David.

Cruisin'40 Stone Island is wonderful. When the rest of the Mexican Riviera is hot & humid, Stone Island has a wonderful breeze! We went over there with Randi's Happy Horses. There is plenty of beach time with her and she can negotiate Banana Boat rides for you. And of course, horse back riding is her thing. The food at Victor's is wonderful. The shrimp is as fresh as can be and the onion rings are the BEST I have had anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Well if you take the tour with King David will be included everything with the activities, lunch , all you can drinks, banana boat rides, horse back riding, all of that for the same price without paying more, and the restaurant has a great beach and great services and you will be able to do a bay tour around Mazatlan .

Happy cruising in the mexican riviera amego. :)

That is also a great idea , you can take one of funny golf cabs called " pulmonias" they will take you to the Stone Island harbor, and just get cross to the other side. Once you are on the Stone Island ask to be taking to Restaurant Molokay and ask for Mike´s gentle horses if you just want to ride the horses, but if you want to do other beach activities like banana boat ride, snorkeling etc... you can ask at the Restaurant.

Happy cruising. :)

We are looking at booking this excursion through Princess, is that King David? What is the difference? How much are the banana boat rides, etc..It also says horse or carriage riding, does anyoen know what the horses are like and how much riding time they allow?

Thanks

We went with Randi in August - she was great. After the horse riding we went to Victors and had the best shrimp. The beach was beautiful and our grandkids were in the water most of the afternoon. Randi would walk over and get them banana boats but we just ran out of time. At Victors, the boogie boards are free. In 12 days we are going again and are going with Randi - not to ride the horses but just for the transportation. It is $15.00. She is the most popular tour as far as horseback riding. You'll love her.

The Stone Island tour is great, you will have a bay tour first around Mazatlan, then they take you to a really nice restaurant , where you will have your lunch included , the horse back riding, banana boat and other activities are already included, and is all you can drink for the same price;

for more info just go to mazinfo.com.

happy cruising .

I visited Israel this year and Mazatlan this past month. I know the feats of King David of Israel and have heard of another King David in Mazatlan. But, the true Cowboy Queen of horseback riding in Mazatlan is Randi hands down! You can compare pricing, horses, schedule and anything else and Randi's crew always comes out tops on my list after 4 visits. Leave the King to run the kingdoms and your horseback riding to Randi. Tell 'em Skirt Boy sent you.

Carnival Elation 2001

Sea Princess 2002

Star Princess 2003

Diamond Princess 2004

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a great site! I am planning our first cruise, to celebrate DH and my's 10th anniversary. I was wondering if anyone has experienced both Randi's tour and King David's? Everywhere I turn I hear rave reviews for Randi, but it seems that there's more included (activities, lunch, all-you-can drinks) in the Kind David's, and it's a cheaper tour. Could anyone advise on this? We like horseback riding, but it's not something we've done a lot, nor is is something we're dying to do.

FYI (until I get this countdown thing figured out), we are sailing on the Carnival Pride May 1-8, 2005, and I feel like I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

We booked the same one as TrayceeJ. We're going Nov 13-20. They were helpful although I would have liked more people to have reviewed it. Alot cheaper than Princess charges and Paypal made it convenient. Lets just hope its all its s'posed to be.

We booked the same one as TrayceeJ. We're going Nov 13-20. They were helpful although I would have liked more people to have reviewed it. Alot cheaper than Princess charges and Paypal made it convenient. Lets just hope its all its s'posed to be.

Did you find anyone that had reviewed this one? I hope that is all that they promise also.....looks good to me.

Have a great cruise. We can waive to each other as we pass. I will be the one they are dragging off the boat. ;-)

Never found any reviews. They look reputable, though. There was a cruise ship bonus of a free tour around mazatlan before the Stone Island tour. Are you doing that? Or is that just too risky? We usually always only book through Princess, but the price difference was just to great for basically the same thing. In fact, I think we get more than the Princess excursion. I'm sure it'll be fine. Keep the ship in good shape for me. Good cruisin to ya.

We recently returned from our cruise and while in Mazatlan we did Randi's.

Your trip sounds great I was just wondering it appears that you pre-paid. Do you get this $$ back if for some reason you do not get there? Something doesn't sound right either your meal is $30 but for $5 more you can go horseback riding AND banana boating?

At Randi's you do not pay in advance. Thus if you do not get there you have not spent $$ on something you didn't do. For $45 dollars Randi herself met us at the ship, paid for all transportation to and from the ship. We had two wonderful guides for our 1 and half hour horse ride. We spent $20 dollars for a very large platter of food. And $6 for 5 soda's plus 2 beers. We could have easily gone with only spending $10 on the platter. But being Gorditta's we went for the gold. :D We had the wonderful company of Randi and she showed us some wonderful and enlightening areas of Mazatlan. Again I have never heard any detailed reviews from actual participants of the other tour. If it is all it is chalked up to be make sure you come back and tell us.

And to Skirt Boy:

Randi said hi and we heard all about you. Only good things that is :eek: :D

I will definitey report back on our entire trip when we get back. Give me a few days. We get back on the 13th. I opted not to do the city tour. Just thought it would be too much for the kids in one day, but sounds like good one.

Tracy

• 4 weeks later...

Tracy,

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear about your trip!!! Maybe you're still basking in the "post-cruise" afterglow, or maybe been busy planning your next one?? :p Let me know how everything went with your King David tour!

Thanks!! Welcome home!

Laura C.

Tracy,

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear about your trip!!! Maybe you're still basking in the "post-cruise" afterglow, or maybe been busy planning your next one?? :p Let me know how everything went with your King David tour!

Thanks!! Welcome home!

Laura C.

Excursions:

Puerto Vallarta: We went to Las Caletas Hideaway through Vallarta Aventures. The crew was energetic and fun. After a 30-40 minute boat ride from the ship to Las Caletas we were presented with a very organized list of activities. First there was trip to visit the Sea Lion (we missed this one), then a group snorkeling tour, a lengthy kayaking trip, paella cooking lesson, pottery class and nature walk. Las Caletas is a perfect location to enjoy the sun and warm water of Puerto Vallarta. Beverages were free flowing after the snorkeling tour and the buffet style lunch was delicious. On the way back to the ship drinks continued to be served and the crew put on a very entertaining show. We were very impressed with Vallarta Adventures. We did not book this excursion through Princess, but were on the same boat as the cruise passengers. If anyone would like to know the company we booked with, please e-mail me.

Mazatlan: This is where booking outside of the cruise excursions proved to be a HUGE mistake! We booked a Stone Island Excursion with a not so reputable company. We were given an impromptu, unscheduled stop at a cathedral and the cliff divers then driven to a very scary dock where our boat was docked. The boat was old and dirty. We were given a boat ride to see the caves and sea lions and then brought to Stone Island, which is a short ride straight across from the ship. Stone Island is a long strand of beach with a row of restaurants and activities. There are ATV’s to rent, banana boat rides, horseback riding, kayaking and snorkeling. We did the banana boat ride, but passed on riding the malnourished horses owned by this particular company. Live and learn I say.

Cabo San Lucas: We have been here before so we knew our way around. We walked from the tender pier to the beach via the harbor front shops past the very Americanized mall. We picked up a glass bottom water taxi to take us around Los Arcos from the Sea of Cortez to the Pacific Ocean. We skipped Lover’s Beach (been there done that). The water taxi brought us back to the tender pier where we shopped a little before returning to the ship. There is definitely not enough time in Cabo.

We have also been to Stone Island with Randi and I would strongly suggest that you consider her tour for $45. If someone else is charging less, then there is something you aren't getting. For the $45, she meets you at ship, arranges all transportation, and ride to Stone Island. She will have them drop you off in Golden Zone when leaving if you want. She bought first round of drinks at Victors, answered tons of questions on Stone Island, Mazatlan, and Mexico in general. Her horses and staff are tops. There are only two or three providers of horses on Stone Island I believe. So the tour you are referring to must be using someone elses horses, either King David or Migales.

Sagapo, what are you charging now for your tour of Stone Island with horses or banana boats? Is lunch included?

Hi JohnQ,

I had posted earlier that I was wondering about the difference between Randi's Happy Horses and King David's. I'm sure you are right about Randi, I have heard ALL wonderful things about her, she is highly recommended, and for good reason, I'm sure. I'm just wondering if King David's would be more "up our alley" so to speak, as they apparently provide transportation, many different options of recreation on Stone Island, lunch and all you can drinks included in the $35-$40 charge. I'm definately not saying Randi isn't worth it- from all the great feedback, I'm sure she is. I'm just trying to get feedback on some of the other options. I may very well do all this research, and then decide on Randi's after all! :D I'm sure we couldn't go wrong with her!

Perhaps I should start a new thread: "Pros and Cons of companies that do Stone Island Tours in Mazatlan"? Or is that not allowed? I have to admit I didn't read the posting rules all that well... more like I skimmed it... :o

• 2 weeks later...
figmentdj-

Did you do the same Stone Island Excursion as Tracy after all? Was it the same experience (horrible), or did you find it to be okay?

I'm still trying to find someone who might be able to give me the pros and cons of King David vs. Randi... nicely, of course!

Randi Has A Horse Back Ride And King David Has A Catamaran Tour Of The Bay. No Alchol Until You Reach The Island.

With Randi You Only Get Your First Beer Free, Well, Included In The 45 Usd Price.

Do You Want Quailty Or Quanty That Would Be The Question.

With King David There Can Be 80 Or So People With Randi About 20.

This Is Only My Read On Things. You Need To Do What You Want To Do In Mazatlan.

Sharon

We have done this twice and are going back in January. What a great lady. You cannot go wrong. The food at Victor's is absolutely wonderful. Randi picks you up at the pier and provides all transportation. She also has lots of great stories. Have fun.

Candi

Could anyone who has been to Stone Island tell me if you can just take a water taxi over there and just go on your own to the beach? Will there be places at the beach to go banana boating ? We don't really need the horses and the snorkeling, just want to sit at the beach. I'm just wondering if spending $40 per person is really necessary?

There are 6 of us so it gets pricey. Thanks

Marcia

You sure can go on your own. Just take a taxi and tell them you want to go to the dock for Stone Island. Then it's about $1usd for round trip water taxi ride, don't throw your ticket away, and when on the Stone Island side you can follow the concrete road or take another taxi to the beach. The walk is about 7 minutes, done it lots myself.

I still recommend using Victor's restaurant. They have the best food and variety on the Island. Maybe in Mazatlan. And I'm in Mazatlan alot. I love it there. At Victor's Chris, the waiter who is Canadian, can fill you in about all the choices. Yep, he be the Onion Ring King. lol lol

Victor also speaks more than respectible English so they can help you get back to the main land.

There are hammocks to relax in maybe reading a book. I usually fall asleep with book in hand. Looks like I'm really doing something. Heck I'm on vacation!

Happy Cruising and have a good time in Mazatlan and all the other ports.

Oh, almost forgot, Happy Holidays.

We're off in a couple of days so I do loose track of time.

And to all a good night.

Sharon Gilbert and proud of it!

Archived