Splendor and Pride questions....

cruzegirl

I need to know some info. about these 2 ships. A couple of friends from work and myself are thinking of doing a cruise to Mexico in 2009 on either the Pride or the Splendor. They each have a child, one of them is 2 and the other 10. To keep costs down, I thought we would just get a suite and share versus 2 room and the costs. Does the Splendor or Pride have a suite that will accommodate 5 in a room? And would a 2 year old be charged a fare? I'm not sure how it works with kids. I know the 10 y/o will be considered a regular person.... Thanks.

Yes the 2 year old will be charged regular fare. You may check, we looked into this once, and the 3rd, 4th and 5th passenger rates in a suite were higher, then just booking regular cabins for all of us. Plus, sharing one bath can be crazy.

I thought the Spendor was replacing the Pride. I can be wrong, I frequently am!

Have a great cruise.

I need to know some info. about these 2 ships. A couple of friends from work and myself are thinking of doing a cruise to Mexico in 2009 on either the Pride or the Splendor. They each have a child, one of them is 2 and the other 10. To keep costs down, I thought we would just get a suite and share versus 2 room and the costs. Does the Splendor or Pride have a suite that will accommodate 5 in a room? And would a 2 year old be charged a fare? I'm not sure how it works with kids. I know the 10 y/o will be considered a regular person.... Thanks.

I don't think the newer ships will accommodate 5 in a cabin (suite or not), only the older ships have been grandfathered in to hold 5 (Fantasy class for sure). It's some kind of Coast Guard rule.

Only ships in service before 1999 can have 5 in a room. I think Triumph is the "newest" one being it entered in 1999. Splendor is launching this summer so 4 to a room max. Also the 2 year old is just considered another passenger. No breaks based on age - except the senior discount I keep hearing about :)

Archived