Bus Service between Santiago and Buenos Aires

R'man

I've read where there is a 2-day "luxury" bus service between Santiago and BA, which crosses the Andes and is both spectacular and reasonable. I just can't find any first-hand details. Can anyone supply their experience, or understanding of this service?

I also understand that Santiago airport international arrivals are hit with a $100 "entry tax". Anyone know more about this?

Thanks!

They are luxury buses. My mom has taken those trips all over Argentina with her senior group. The prices are better purchasing over there. We decided not to take the South American cruise with our teenagers. We got lucky and found the last 2 cabins across from each other for a Panama Canal cruise, 11 days, Dec. 29 to Jan 9 from Miami. The 14 day South American Cruise is a fantastic deal. Balcony was $8400 for five in the cabin compared to 11 day Panama Canal with Ocean View for $8400 with five in the cabin. 3 more days plus a balcony for the same price! We'll probably plan for Dec. 2009 without teenagers for that one!

Archived