jewel aft cabins

Anyone ever stayed on deck 8, aft cabin on the jewel. First time in aft. did we make the right choice?

I asked the same question about a year ago and was told I would love an aft cabin. We sailed to Hawaii in 8168 on Radiance and were glad we made this choice. We will now be enjoying our second aft cabin on our next cruise in two weeks. Can't imagine having another location but would love to try a hump cabin if I can't get an aft.

I had aft cabin 1604 on the Jewel for my b2b in January. The afts are wonderful. You'll love it...but beware...once you go aft, it's hard to settle for anything less! I have an aft JS for my Mexican Riviera cruise and I have aft cabin 9256 for my Alaskan cruise in May 09. I won't even consider any other type of cabin. The aft is where it's at!!

We had a midship cabin last time we cruised on Jewel and are looking forward to our first hump cabin on our upcoming Jewel cruise in October.

We have had good luck and bad luck with aft cabins. Sometimes people on decks above can see down to your deck. We had an aft cabin on Crown Princess and were next door to the airconditioning units--which were obviously very loud. We had a huge aft cabin on Explorer of the Seas and kept hearing the rattling of steel railings during rough seas at night. Our cabin kept shaking and making loud noises during those rough seas east of Florida. We noticed the midship cabins didn't have all the motion and noise of our aft cabin.

Another thing to consider is the size of the ship. Jewel is a great size ship because it is not too far from the elevators to the back of the ship. However, a voyager size ship is a different story. We were sick and tired of all the walking from the elevators to our aft cabin on Explorer of the Seas.

Our rule is aft on Radiance class and hump on Voyager or Freedom class.

Aft on Radiance class is more vertical than on Voyager/Freedom and there's a better view than on V/F which is more slanted. The Radiance class is more private than V/F as the folks above you on V/F can see most of your balcony.

But, that's just us.

We had Jewel 8168 in January and it was the best. I don't think I could ever go back to portside. Aft is definately the way to go, just don't tell too many people :p

things in common. We had 8168 too and we l oved it and we also have labs. Three to be exact. We have two black and we have a Yellow puppy. We got her in September and she is a hand full to say the least. We didnt uncover our pool yet, but Im sure she will be diving in as soon as she can.:D The other two dont like the pool, but like the local creeks. :rolleyes: Oh and my female looks just like yours. Gotta love em !!

Anyway, to the OP, we too had 8168 and it was great. Its right under the sought after 9256 and basically the same except maybe 1 ft shorter. We will book this cabin again for sure.

I’ve had aft on the Splendor and the Legend and have a Jewel aft (1104) for an upcoming Panama Canal cruise.

I thought the aft was perfect for the Caribbean – but I am unsure about the canal. I am sold on the size and don’t mind the walk, but do we need a “side view” for the Canal - Any opinions?

Thanks

M

You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing IMHO.!!!!! We sailed in 1102 in Dec on Jewel and it was the most awesome cabin we have been in. The view is breathtaking all of the time!! Happy sailing!!:)

things in common. We had 8168 too and we l oved it and we also have labs. Three to be exact. We have two black and we have a Yellow puppy. We got her in September and she is a hand full to say the least. We didnt uncover our pool yet, but Im sure she will be diving in as soon as she can.:D The other two dont like the pool, but like the local creeks. :rolleyes: Oh and my female looks just like yours. Gotta love em !!

Anyway, to the OP, we too had 8168 and it was great. Its right under the sought after 9256 and basically the same except maybe 1 ft shorter. We will book this cabin again for sure.

We just loved that cabin! It makes us smile everytime I find a post like yours and I call out - someone else had OUR cabin!!!! What a small world!

I am absolutely NUTS about our Labs! My license plate is my posting name :D The picture is Taylor - he is now 10. I have to get a shot of the two Labs to post. It's just hard getting them to sit without the younger one, Kalle, initiating a game! Both are water rats and enjoy swimming in Lake George, love their rides in the boat and cars.....I wanna be a Lab in my next life :)

We just loved that cabin! It makes us smile everytime I find a post like yours and I call out - someone else had OUR cabin!!!! What a small world!

I am absolutely NUTS about our Labs! My license plate is my posting name :D The picture is Taylor - he is now 10. I have to get a shot of the two Labs to post. It's just hard getting them to sit without the younger one, Kalle, initiating a game! Both are water rats and enjoy swimming in Lake George, love their rides in the boat and cars.....I wanna be a Lab in my next life :)

We just loved that cabin too. Its just as good as 9256 IMO. We are wanting to do a Panama Canal cruise and we are trying to get this cabin fr that. It would be perfect of we can grab it. Our labs are Cherokee - 14 yr old blk, Maddie 10 yr old blk, Sadie 8 mos yellow. She keeps the older ones on thier toes...:) Cheokee has bad hips and he's fading away from us. I have to carry him up to bed at night. Going down the steps hes fine, just not up. We have a doggie ramp outside for him to go in and out and thats fine, just no steps. I would also like to come back as a Lab as long as I can pick my owners. I hope they are like me or you....:D Take care...say hi to the pups !

We just loved that cabin too. Its just as good as 9256 IMO. We are wanting to do a Panama Canal cruise and we are trying to get this cabin fr that. It would be perfect of we can grab it. Our labs are Cherokee - 14 yr old blk, Maddie 10 yr old blk, Sadie 8 mos yellow. She keeps the older ones on thier toes...:) Cheokee has bad hips and he's fading away from us. I have to carry him up to bed at night. Going down the steps hes fine, just not up. We have a doggie ramp outside for him to go in and out and thats fine, just no steps. I would also like to come back as a Lab as long as I can pick my owners. I hope they are like me or you....:D Take care...say hi to the pups !

I want to do the Panama next on Radiance class. I would also like to take the southern route again. Who know what we will end up with!

We are on very borrowed time with Taylor and it breaks my heart. Kalle definately needs a pup to play with. I just feel it's not a good situation for either of them. Yesterday Kalle slammed into Taylor and it was sad to see Taylor hurting again....You can email me if you wish - We can take this Lab chatter to email :o burnsyone@roadrunner.com

I’ve had aft on the Splendor and the Legend and have a Jewel aft (1104) for an upcoming Panama Canal cruise.

I thought the aft was perfect for the Caribbean – but I am unsure about the canal. I am sold on the size and don’t mind the walk, but do we need a “side view” for the Canal - Any opinions?

Thanks

M

It is perfect for the canal. First do not plan to stay on your balcony for the transit. First thing in the am (5:30) we went up front to the helipad and watched the approach and entering the first lock. Then we worked our way around the ship down on deck 4 we could touch the sides of the canal. My husband shook hands with the mule driver. We made it back to our room at the same time our room service breakfast arrived and we ate and watched the lock doors close behind us (2nd lock).

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

Archived