Sorry another booze question

Pat

Sorry everyone, but I read through a search of booze questions and didn't see the answer. My DH and I like to have a drink in our room before dinner. Has anyone smuggled a glass pint of booze onto the boat in your coat pocket? He is wearing a sports coat to board and I thought if he just put the pint in his pocket he should be okay. What do you all thnk? We don't have time to get a rumrunners flask and we just want to have a little something in the room every evening. Thanks and sorry if this has been answered before.

Could work until they ask you to remove the jacket like an airport and run it through the xray machine. :eek: I would just throw a pint in my carry on of checked bag and take my chances. Better yet pick up the phone, spend $43, and have a liter waiting in your cabin.

Well that's what I was thinking.....does anyone know if they ask people to remove their jackets? I would spend the $43 except they don't have the brand of booze that my DH drinks available.

Well that's what I was thinking.....does anyone know if they ask people to remove their jackets? I would spend the $43 except they don't have the brand of booze that my DH drinks available.

I have had to in NYC but not returning from ports. Throw a pint in one of the bags. 80% chance it will get to your room. If it does not pick one up at the first port. What else you going to do except tape it to the small of his back or stuff it in his shorts :D

You could bring a few shots back from the bar to use in the room ;)

It's like the old days, smuggling alcohol into the college football stadium....

That much liquor will not make cocktails for 2 for very long! Just buy the bar setup, it is soooo worth it.

If your heart is set on smuggling it in, then why not try used soda bottles mixed in with other sodas?

I know my husband used to stick the bottle of booze in the back of his pants for GT football games and it always worked! Good Luck

OH GOOD GOLLY! :eek:

A PINT for 2 people???? That might get you 4 drinks each, but they wont be very strong - unless you plan on bringing very tiny glasses with you or taking a very short cruise! :D

The use of the word "smuggle" in these posts always makes me laugh. We all know SMUGGLING is a crime....right? :rolleyes:

Just save yourself the trouble and take SAABGAL'S advice: call your ship coordinator and order yourself a whole bottle that will be waiting for you iun the room when you get there. Then you can have all the drinks you want, on a longer cruise, without breaking any laws! :)

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!

(Post ended early because I am running out of "smileys" to use.)

:cool:

you can carry on a piece of luggage with you on the ship. put as many airplane bottles as you want in the bag. If you are on a plane before you get there....just take it out of your big suitcase and then put in your carry on. Trust me, the security guys at the port don't care about this stuff. I put a 12 pack of cokes in my carry on and no one said a word!

When I sailed on the Gem 3/22 one person in my group put Vodka in a large powerade bottle. The one where the plastic is kind of tinted. No one looked at it twice-and the powerade was inside a carry on bag. I personally brought water and soda and put them inside my regular luggage and it made it to my cabin no problem. I also had a bottle of water in my hand which no one even looked at. It could of been luck-or that the pier was so busy but no one seemed to care what we had with us.

Pat:

I will be trying the Rum Runners in August. I won't tell you again to order the bar set up as so many do on this board to others. No offense to anyone but you can't order what they don't sell. They do not sell my coconut rum either so I feel your pain. :) Will order set up for hubby's Absolut, but can't order set up when they don't offer what I like to drink. Sure wish they would offer more of a selection, and maybe they will one day.

I would put one in checked and one in carry on and see what happens!

Have a great cruise.

Could work until they ask you to remove the jacket like an airport and run it through the xray machine. :eek: I would just throw a pint in my carry on of checked bag and take my chances. Better yet pick up the phone, spend $43, and have a liter waiting in your cabin.

We did the Pearl 3/21-3/30- walked on with a liter of rum in a h20 bottle over my shoulder-no problem. But the security is the same as the airport-had to remove my sport coat, empty pockets, “just the money clip sir, put it in the container (little plastic job like at the airport), and keep the bills in your pocket”. Forgot the plastic container with the gold money clip after I went through the scanner, checking in and remembered it, went back and it had mysteriously disappeared-BE CAREFUL. I doubt/hope another passenger wouldn’t take it by mistake and not turn it into the lost-and-found on the boat, it was engraved.

We did the Pearl 3/21-3/30- walked on with a liter of rum in a h20 bottle over my shoulder-no problem. But the security is the same as the airport-had to remove my sport coat, empty pockets, “just the money clip sir, put it in the container (little plastic job like at the airport), and keep the bills in your pocket”. Forgot the plastic container with the gold money clip after I went through the scanner, checking in and remembered it, went back and it had mysteriously disappeared-BE CAREFUL. I doubt/hope another passenger wouldn’t take it by mistake and not turn it into the lost-and-found on the boat, it was engraved.

That's called Karma.;)

Archived