Wind Surf: Cabin Recommendation & Diving

C-Gar

We just returned from the Feb 20th sailing of the Wind Surf and could not have enjoyed a better cruise. I have 'bout 20 cruises under my belt (pre-historic Costa 'C', Norway..bless her soul...Pacific Princess yada.. yada.. yada...)

This cruise was by far one of our most enjoyable. The food was superb, 'cept for one day, but I can live with one out of seven.

The stewards and stewardesses did actually remember your name !!!

(and I used my 'original' name just to make it difficult to check this out)

As for the diving, I dove Utila which was nice, down to 80 ft. waters were clear but not as clear as some dives I have taken, i.e. Bora Bora, Ta-hiti etc.

The surface was extremely rough, resulting in some injuries to participants (one of whom was me..) the Dive Personel were superb..the local dive boats were the problem....coated with ENAMEL paint which turned out to be extremely slippery under the existing sea conditions. (one of our seasoned divers chucked up breakfast several times) so we looked for sharks, but none came to the surface. The snorkelers 'whale shark dive' on the other side of the island was cancelled... Roatan beach had almost as many fish in the shallows as did Utila...folks who dove Roatan said the same thing. I could not dive for the rest of the journey due to my leg injuries sustained on the dive boat. :(

Biggest bummer was the EIGHT HOUR BUS TRIP TO COPAN....:eek:

The site was very nice...but...sitting on a bus dodging Guatamalen Semi-truck drivers on peote, attempting to pass one another on a two lane road almost led to leaving skid-marks on a certain part of the this human's anatomy :eek:

Generally speaking this trip was an ADVENTURE, always tempered by returning to the ship and it's 'friendly confines' with it's freindly crew and sumptious menu's.

As to accomodations, we were in rm 145 on the water level deck...Yes, at times the water did spash by the portholes, did it bother me? no, since my own boat is'nt much higher off the surface of the sea. If it 'bothers' you the existing curtains, when drawn, give the impression that you are on deck 14 of the Grand Princess. Then you can lull yourself to sleep with the 'natural' sound of rushing water to sooth yourself to sleep.:eek:

All in all ,we'd do it all again, cept for the Copan trip, next trip to the Med in late Summer.;)

Archived