victory

maier

We had a balcony cabin on Deck 10 on the June 28 sailing - we loved it! Easy access to the lido deck and very little noise. (From our balcony, the most we heard was the drumming from the calypso band by the pool during the day.) All cabins on 10 are forward, beneath the spa and Children's World. I would take deck 10 again in a heartbeat!

I should've responded to your questions about the food in my last post...

Breakfast: Buffet breakfast is available in the lido deck restaurant and a served breakfast is available in the Pacific dining room, at the rear of the ship. We opted for the lido buffet each morning so we could eat on deck - fairly predictable, but it worked for us. Fruit, boxed cereal, muffins and croissants, bagels, scrambled eggs, french toast or pancakes, bacon, Canadian bacon. There is a made-to-order omelet line, which DH thought was quite good. DS1 was not impressed by the scrambled eggs.

Lunch: Along with the buffet in the lido deck restaurant, there is a deli, Chinese station, pizza station, and barbeque (read: hamburger) station. The Reuben sandwich from the deli is very good. The buffet has a good variety of selections and very good desserts.

Dinner: We were assigned the Atlantic dining room, which is the forward dining room. (If you're on deck 10, wouldn't be surprised if you receive this assignment as well, as they seem to try to assign dining rooms based on proximity of cabin.) I can't say that I had any poor selections - everything I tried was good! There is a good variety to choose from - and if you're trying to watch what you eat, they have "spa" selections.

A note on beverages: Coffee, tea, iced tea, and juices are available all day on the lido deck. If you prefer those to sodas, you may not want to purchase the soda card.

All in all, we were never in danger of starving!:D

Beautiful ship! Hamburgers from the BBQ place were AWESOME! So was the steak sandwiches. Dont eat the scrambles eggs, they smell funny! Instead go to omlet line and have them make scrambled if thats what u want. Dining room kept messing up my steak and were just not edible for me. Too rare. YUCK. dont like to eat anything mooing. Then next time it was too cooked, felt like chewing leather. So we didnt go to dining room everynight like we usually do. Food overall was NOT that great, compared to the Imagination's. Do try the cookies, brownies and BLTs from room service. YUM! Also, they make the "real" ceasar salads on that boat that includes anchovie paste in the dressing UGH!. I could not figure out why it smelled and tasted fishy. But they ship is beautiful and u will have lots of fun!

Susan

We have cruised twice on the Victory - stayed in 1031 and 1051 - perfect deck of the ship - the only traffic up there are people who are staying on that deck. Plus it open right up to the lido - meaning there are only cabins in the front half. Perfect for leisurely afternoons! Have fun!

We have cruised twice on the Victory - stayed in 1031 and 1051 - perfect deck of the ship - the only traffic up there are people who are staying on that deck. Plus it open right up to the lido - meaning there are only cabins in the front half. Perfect for leisurely afternoons! Have fun!

As long as I dont have to do your ironing:)

Cubby

I've been on the Victory 3 tines the Triumph twice

We were on the Victory three weeks ago. We were on the basement deck, so we can't help out with deck 10 accomodations, but we were up that way for food and the gym and never noticed it to be too rocky.

Regarding the food, we were quite impressed across the board. Contrary to the poster above's son, we quite enjoyed the scrambled eggs. The french toast which was also excellent, was only available on alternate days, opposite pancakes. Try to find the little choclate muffins in the morning. These are the best items containing chocolate that you will find on the ship. If you like chocolate, get your fix from these little guys, because other than those and the chocolate yogurt, we found the chocolate selection in the dining room dessert menu to be pretty much blah. Everybody raves about the Ruebens at the deli. I had one and it was okay, then I discovered their turkey on a bun. Yummy! Grab a plate of fries from the grill to have with your turkey sandwich, then top it off with some of that always flowing chocolate yogurt and you're good to go. We found the dinners to be good as well, save for the desserts which we felt were disappointing, except for the Baked Alaska.

Let me know how NYC is
NYC is phenomenal. If you love food, theatre, sports, galleries, etc, it is THE city! We try to get that way (8 hour drive) once to twice per year to catch up on dining and musicals. The only downside is that it is not a cheap, inexpensive or budget place to go as a tourist. But it sure is fun!

Archived