Tucan Sailing - Anyone interested?

cruisefreak13

Hi there,

My DH and I are interested in going on the Tucan Sailing excursion when we are in port at Cozumel on April 30th BUT as of right now they only have the two of us booked and they will not sail until there are 4 or 6 people booked. I am sending out this post to see if anyone may be interested in signing up. All the posts I have read about it have been great and I don't see any problem with booking this private excursion opposed to booking something through the ship. On most of the private ones we have booked with (of course I do a lot of research and make sure they are very reputable) we have had more fun, more for our money and less crowds. So if this is something that might interest you, please reply to this link and let me know. I am attaching the website for the excursion so it can be read about.

http://www.cozumelsailing.com/

Thanks, cruisefreak13

What time does your ship arrive in Cozumel and what time do you plan on taking the excursion? Also, what are they quoting for the per person price based on 4 or 6 people? I noticed on the site they list $80 but I wonder if that is for a larger group?

My husband and I would be interested depending on the specifics.

What time does your ship arrive in Cozumel and what time do you plan on taking the excursion? Also, what are they quoting for the per person price based on 4 or 6 people? I noticed on the site they list $80 but I wonder if that is for a larger group?

My husband and I would be interested depending on the specifics.

Hi twopugs,

We are going to be docking (which is big consideration - make sure your cruise ship is docking and not tendering in) in Cozumel from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. From speaking with Karen at Tucan excursion, the ship time will be different than Cozumel time so there should be no problem doing this excursion and they are flexible with adjusting the timing some to make sure we get back on time. She said that if we pay in cash when we arrive then they can give a 5% discount - which would make it $76.00 per person. One additional expense would be a taxi ride and she said she thought a taxi would be $7-13 one way for up to 4 people. If you are interested and sign up to do this excursion we could share a taxi and split the cost which would be a little more cost-effective. It sounds like we will get a lot for our money and there are many good reviews about them. We need to get a total of 6 people to go and they consider it a group then.

What cruise line are you going on? We are on Royal Caribbean - who knows maybe we are on the same ship.

Talk to you soon, cruisefreak13

We are on Carnival. It looks like we arrive at 9am. How can I find out if we are docking or tendering?

Also, did she mention what the approx. departure and return time is?

Have you managed to find two other passengers?

We are on Carnival. It looks like we arrive at 9am. How can I find out if we are docking or tendering?

Also, did she mention what the approx. departure and return time is?

Have you managed to find two other passengers?

Okay, if I understand Karen correctly - if the itinerary says the ship docks at 9:30 (like ours does) this will be 8:30 Cozumel time. She told me the excursion normally leaves about 9 am and returns at 3:30 pm - all Cozumel time but she mentioned that they can adjust times a bit to accomodate us. You can email her at: Dan@cozumelsailing.com - and I am sure she can answer any other questions or clarify my answers (in case I am not explaining it correctly). She is very helpful.

I have not found 2 other passengers yet but hopefully if we keep this thread towards the top of the board it will catch other eyes. Maybe we can talk them into doing a public sail with only 4 of us, I would try for us if you guys decided you want to book.

One thing my hubby and I are doing is booking something with the ship, just in case the Tucan does not get the allotted number of people to do a public sail so that way we have something to do. In case they do get the right number of people to go, then we will cancel the ship excursion because with Royal Caribbean you can cancel their excursions up to 24 hours before you are set to go on it.

In regards to finding out if you are docking or tendering, when I go online into my reservation and look at the itinerary it says on there docking in Key West and Cozumel and tendering in Belize. I am not sure how Carnivals website/itinerary is set up - you may have to make a quick phone call to them and see if they can tell you. Sorry I am not more helpful with this matter but we have never been on Carnival.

So - ANYONE else out there interested in joining us?!? I believe it will be a lot of fun and definitely not as crowded as the ship shore excursions. Come on.

cruisefreak13

sorry, we won't be able to go.

I e-mailed Karen to ask a few quesitons, my main one being if my son (under 1 year) would be able to attend. She was very kind but said no since it is a public trip they have to limit the ages of children, which is very understandable. She did say that they would allow it for a private trip but they already have a public one booked for that day (assuming that is the trip you reserved)

Hope you are able to find other people to attend....sounds like a fantastic trip:)

sorry, we won't be able to go.

I e-mailed Karen to ask a few quesitons, my main one being if my son (under 1 year) would be able to attend. She was very kind but said no since it is a public trip they have to limit the ages of children, which is very understandable. She did say that they would allow it for a private trip but they already have a public one booked for that day (assuming that is the trip you reserved)

Hope you are able to find other people to attend....sounds like a fantastic trip:)

Thanks for letting me know twopugs - I hope we find some more people to sign up because my hubby really wants to do this trip instead of something with the cruise line. Have a great cruise. I am assuming you might have two dogs from your user name. We have two spaniels of our own.

Thanks, cruisefreak13

Archived