How warm is it in the evening

lollyb

I will be in Key West the last week of October and I was wondering about the temperature. Does it cool down a bit in the evening or will I be too warm if I wore slacks at night. I am trying to figure out what to pack as I will be staying a week.

I live just South of Fort Lauderdale and October is still stinking hot. At night you might want to wear pants though - if not just to keep the mosquitos off you. My son just about roasted last halloween in his elephant costume!

Does it cool down a bit in the evening or will I be too warm if I wore slacks at night. I am trying to figure out what to pack as I will be staying a week.

THE LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER!!!!!!!! Slacks???? Man, that's Fantasy Fest with 80,000 people crammed into a few blocks. You'll look like a dweeb where half the women will be wearing a coat of paint and a tiny thong. Everybody else is in shorts and tank tops.

Usually Key West will see it's first cold front by the end of October. That being said, expect temperatures with highs in the mid-eighties and lows in the mid-seventies. Bring one pair of slacks just in case we get a really chilly cold-front (pretty unlikely), and lot's of shorts, skirts, bathing suits. Light colorod clothing during the day is a very good idea as darker colors absorb the heat of the sun during the daytime.

Last week of October is nothing short of bawdy, with many revelers choosing to wear little more than a skimpy/body painted costume (Friday and Saturday nites).

Also to pack: sunglasses, sunscreen, hat & comfortable walking shoes (preferably sandals).

Archived