?? for those who have done pier pick up (docs)

marshabear

we are sailing in alittle over 3 weeks...

our docs didn't make it to us- by this i mean they got "shredded" by our wonderful mail system....only part that arrived was the extremely wrinkled up envelope with a note from the USPS saying "sorry"....

TA says we will now get them at the pier, which by the way is in port everglades....

this makes me alittle nervous....i like to have "docs in hand" well in advance, even though she assured us many people do it this way....(pier pick up)

will we have alot of paperwork to fill out there??? we already did the funpass online...

will we also get our luggage tags there too??? i thought the first thing you do is give your luggage to the porters even before reaching close to the check in point....maybe port everglades is different...we have never sailed from here before....

for being on several cruises, i feel so clueless!!!!

thanks for your help!!

Marsha

Bring your Funpass/invoice/identification. There will be a dedicated area for those picking up docs at the pier. A simple process...sort of like an airplane's e-ticket. With your completed Funpass, all you'll have to is fill out the info needed for your S&S card.

When you get to the pier, search for one of the baggage porters with a clipboard. That clipboard has the manifest...and they'll be able to get you the right color luggage tags.

When you get to the pier, search for one of the baggage porters with a clipboard. That clipboard has the manifest...and they'll be able to get you the right color luggage tags.

I have done pier pick-up before, and it is not difficult. The only thing I would add to the above post is to bring some sticky labels, already containing all of the information that would normally go on your luggage tag. That way, you can just peel and stick, instead of stopping to write out all of the luggage tags.

Marsha: The only thing I can add is, make sure you get in the line that is like "Will call" at ballgames. Don't get in the regular line to check-in. They won't have your tickets there. When we picked ours up in Long Beach, it wasn't marked very clearly. Or ask one of the Carnival Reps. They should be able to steer you in the right direction.

;) We have done pier pick up twice and it was no big deal. The porter with the clipboard will look up your name and give you the correct color of tags.

Rest easy and enjoy your cruise!

Teena

I second what SS said - find the correct line to wait in. But, don't worry about it. The porters can put the correct luggage tags on for you. We had to do that for cruise, too - our docs were sent to the wrong address and by the time we figured out what happened it was too late to send them to us.

The good news was that after we picked up our docs, they put us right into the priority check-in line and we walked right past all the others waiting to check in!! :D

As said above, make sure you do your funpass online so that information is already in their system. Print a copy if you can, but it is NOT important to have a printed copy. The ONLY thing that matters to them is what is in their computer.

Archived