Ipod Docking Stations

BcIcemen

Does anyone know if the cabins on the Imagination have Ipod docking stations in them to play your Ipod insyead of the radio? I was in WDW recently and the hotel that I stayed in had one.:) :) :confused:

Does anyone know if the cabins on the Imagination have Ipod docking stations in them to play your Ipod insyead of the radio? I was in WDW recently and the hotel that I stayed in had one.:) :) :confused:

we took our own dockstation with speakers and also had a dvd that we used in the TV's aux input (Miracle)....if you had an i-pod connector that has red/white cables you might beable to use the tv as the speaker source.

The problem with most docking stations is the size and weight (becoming an issue with the airlines charging for extra luggage). The one I have is made by Logitech. It is not a true docking station as it will only connect through your headphone jack. So it will not charge an IPOD or any other type, but it will hook up to anything (all MP3 players, etc) that has a headphone jack. It will run off batteries for @ 45 hours or also connects with an included A/C plug. It is about a foot long but only 1 1/4" thin so it really doesn't take up much space. It is also VERY LIGHT WEIGHT compared to most others. Sound is pretty good (just don't look for it to be a ghetto blaster or a thumper).

The model number is "Logitech mm28". Not sure of the current price, but I got it on sale for under $20.

The problem with most docking stations is the size and weight (becoming an issue with the airlines charging for extra luggage). The one I have is made by Logitech. It is not a true docking station as it will only connect through your headphone jack. So it will not charge an IPOD or any other type, but it will hook up to anything (all MP3 players, etc) that has a headphone jack. It will run off batteries for @ 45 hours or also connects with an included A/C plug. It is about a foot long but only 1 1/4" thin so it really doesn't take up much space. It is also VERY LIGHT WEIGHT compared to most others. Sound is pretty good (just don't look for it to be a ghetto blaster or a thumper).

The model number is "Logitech mm28". Not sure of the current price, but I got it on sale for under $20.

Wow this looks so cool and very 'compact' - but where and when did you buy yours? Just did a google search and pricing is about $70-100!!! Going to try and find a sale!

Radio? And what stations would you be listening to? No such luck.

If you want music, bring your own portable ipod speaker/docking stations. I bring mine to charge (now we have a small charger as well). The Ipod is a must item on a cruise.

Looks like the logitech one weighs almost 2 lbs - but I found this JBL one (On Tour) which has very good reviews and weighs about 12 ounces (imp for those of us who cringe at the 50 lb luggage weight limit) and sells for about $30!

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=JBL%20ON%20TOUR

I have the JBL On Tour speakers, they don't sound too bad for their size.

JBL also makes a small docking station with speakers, not sure of the model. I saw it at Best Buy the other day.

Wow this looks so cool and very 'compact' - but where and when did you buy yours? Just did a google search and pricing is about $70-100!!! Going to try and find a sale!

Look on eBay. They always have them. I got mine, mm50, on eBay six months ago for $40 with shipping. Good luck.

This the other JBL I saw at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8718774&st=ipod+speakers&lp=14&type=product&cp=1&id=1200702767558

8718774_rb.jpg

There is also a slightly smaller version. No idea how they sound though.

This is the smaller version - a bit cheaper but the reviews are still pretty good! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8450865&productCategoryId=abcat0208011&type=product&tab=1&id=1184369178838#productdetail

Looks like the logitech one weighs almost 2 lbs - but I found this JBL one (On Tour) which has very good reviews and weighs about 12 ounces (imp for those of us who cringe at the 50 lb luggage weight limit) and sells for about $30!

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=JBL%20ON%20TOUR

Don't know about 2 pounds, the only reference I could find like that was in regards to shipping weight. Holding mine, it definitely feels less than a pound of hamburger. I'm guessing in the 12-14 oz range, a little more with 4 AA batteries added. I get most all of my good deals at buy dot com or tigerdirect dot com. Occasionally also at amazon. Both buy dot com and tigerdirect will send you weekly e-mail specials. That's how I got my MM28 for under $20 (free shipping included).

I also got a great home unit (also not a docking station, I don't pay for over priced IPOD's). It has a nice rubberized cradle for holding my Creative Zen Slim Photo (20GB) player that I got (recertified) through buy dot com for $69. My home speaker unit is made/marketed by Jabra (maker of cell phone stuff) but is made with Klipsch speakers. Designed to sit in a corner (for best sound), like the old Bose direct/reflecting systems. Think it retailed originally for @ $200 but I got it through buy dot com for $49. I'm very pleased with the sound.

I use my Creative Zen Slim Photo for at home or on vacation and I have a Sandisk Sansa, 8GB (with 2GB mini SD card added for a total of 10GB) that I use for exercise, etc. Headphones I like are V-Moda Vibe (in ear buds) as well as Zennheiser PX 100 (over the ear).

Just a note.....on the Triumph there was a 'radio' built into the headboard. It got about 5 stations and played the same songs over and over throughout the week, so it was obviously not a radio but a taped feed from elsewhere on the ship.

That was the only ship we've been on that had in cabin music, other than the music videos on the tv.

Another option for your iPod is to purchase travel speakers. Here's one that weighs less than a pound and can use either AA batteries or an AC adapter.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103838&cp=&sr=1&origkw=speakers&kw=speakers&parentPage=search

I was hoping to connect my iPod video to the cabin TV last July so I could watch some of the movies I had on it.

On Freedom the TV had no front connectors (so could not even look at our snaps). I tried to connect in via the connectors on the rear but could not get the tv moved enough to see which connector was which. Tried the different combinations but had no luck so eventually gave up.

Found many of the TVs in hotel rooms also seemed to have the front connectors disabled so no luck there either.

A wide screen movie on an iPod looses some of its impact but still watchable on the plane or in the cabin but hopeless if you want to sit on deck and enjoy the fresh air.

David

Archived