stupid small question

Well, I have a stupid little question...

The paperwork I got from Carnival says to bring all of our wedding stuff in ONE 24X 16 carryon. So my question is can we bring ONE PER PERSON?? I don't know how I'm going to fit all the stuff for my and my FI in one little carryon. We'll have our clothes in a garment bag, but I'll have the carry case for my hot rollers, curling iron for touch-ups, makeup, hosiery, shoes, his shoes, his dress socks, PLUS anything we'll want for the 7 or so hours we'll be waiting for the REST of our luggage to get to the room. So I'd like to bring an extra 24 X 16 to put the extra's we'll want in one and the wedding stuff in another.

YES or NO???

Well, I have a stupid little question...

The paperwork I got from Carnival says to bring all of our wedding stuff in ONE 24X 16 carryon. So my question is can we bring ONE PER PERSON?? I don't know how I'm going to fit all the stuff for my and my FI in one little carryon. We'll have our clothes in a garment bag, but I'll have the carry case for my hot rollers, curling iron for touch-ups, makeup, hosiery, shoes, his shoes, his dress socks, PLUS anything we'll want for the 7 or so hours we'll be waiting for the REST of our luggage to get to the room. So I'd like to bring an extra 24 X 16 to put the extra's we'll want in one and the wedding stuff in another.

YES or NO???

Yes...you are allowed one carry on per person. What you could also do (if you have younger guest) is have them carry on for you as well. For instance...I am using one of my 11 year old nephews to help me with my load. The other twin will carry on what they both need in one suitcase seeing as they will already be dressed for the wedding.

I guess I didn't realize they limit carry-ons... I was planning on bringing tons of stuff. What about all the boxes of favors? Has anyone ever had any trouble getting all their wedding paraphernalia on the ship?

Well, we only have three people coming, and none of them are sailing, so I'm pretty sure they don't qualify for bringing on bags. HAHA!! That is a great idea though. I figure I need one bag for the wedding stuff and one bag for the general carry-on stuff!! I made a list and I would be hard pressed trying to fit it all into one bag!!

I guess I didn't realize they limit carry-ons... I was planning on bringing tons of stuff. What about all the boxes of favors? Has anyone ever had any trouble getting all their wedding paraphernalia on the ship?

Your favors have to be small enough to fit in your carry on. I went with personalized sports bottles so I will have to give them out before hand. Tacky yes...but I wanted to spend my money on something they could use on the trip.

I also forgot to mention..that the bride only is able to carry on a garment bag as well for her dress. Everyone else needs to be dressed though.

Well, we only have three people coming, and none of them are sailing, so I'm pretty sure they don't qualify for bringing on bags. HAHA!! That is a great idea though. I figure I need one bag for the wedding stuff and one bag for the general carry-on stuff!! I made a list and I would be hard pressed trying to fit it all into one bag!!

Good luck...just remember you could always "canon ball" your suitcase. (ya know..make a run for it and nose dive on top..lol)

What if I have extra wedding garmets? Like I have a slip that goes under my dress and its poofy and has its own bag, will I need to stuff this in my wedding dress bag? Can one of your carry ons be a box or styrofoam cooler? Our favors are these 3-d palm trees with m&ms inside so I cant just throw them in a bag.

We are carrying 3 large plastic totes filled with wedding "stuff", our personalized aisle runner, my dress, slip, and his tux...I dare them to tell me I cannot board with any of it after we have paid the price that we have! :cool:

For anyone not sailing with Carnival...I actually called Royal Caribbean about this at lunch time today because my travel agent was concerned about it. They said that there is a limit on bags (1 suitcase and 1 carry one plus a dress bag for the bride) but that if we bring all of our flowers, decorations, etc in clear plastic totes it should be fine. I told her that I was thinking we might have 5 or 6 and she said that would not be a problem. They are going to, however, search each of our 18 welcome bags which will not be fun but they said is necessary to go through security as they have liquids in them (lotion, bug spray etc). She also told me to put as much as I could into the clear totes as not to delay going through security.

For anyone not sailing with Carnival...I actually called Royal Caribbean about this at lunch time today because my travel agent was concerned about it. They said that there is a limit on bags (1 suitcase and 1 carry one plus a dress bag for the bride) but that if we bring all of our flowers, decorations, etc in clear plastic totes it should be fine. I told her that I was thinking we might have 5 or 6 and she said that would not be a problem. They are going to, however, search each of our 18 welcome bags which will not be fun but they said is necessary to go through security as they have liquids in them (lotion, bug spray etc). She also told me to put as much as I could into the clear totes as not to delay going through security.

I am going to have to inquire about this with my Carnival WC. I was instructed by her that I was only allowed one carry on per-person. Like 12"x24" or something..basically small enough to fit in the scanner and 1 garmnet bag for my dress. I never though about the other goodies that goes with the dress...good point FLYERSO6. I am definatly going to ask about these clear totes...maybe it is something Carnival Brides can get away with as well. Knowing my WC...I will get an answer 2weeks from now.

Archived