How does leaving out of L.A. work?

We are going on our second cruise ever the 5th of May. Our first cruise was out of Florida and we did it where we flew into Miami and the cruiseline picked us up at the airport and took us to the ship. This time we are going to drive to LA and then hopefully just get on the ship there. How do I figure out where to park my car during the 4 days? Does anybody know how much it will cost us? Also how safe is it? Any information on how this will work will be greatly appreciated.

We are going on our second cruise ever the 5th of May. Our first cruise was out of Florida and we did it where we flew into Miami and the cruiseline picked us up at the airport and took us to the ship. This time we are going to drive to LA and then hopefully just get on the ship there. How do I figure out where to park my car during the 4 days? Does anybody know how much it will cost us? Also how safe is it? Any information on how this will work will be greatly appreciated.

You do know that the L.A. cruise terminal for Royal Caribbean is in San Pedro, right?

copied from RCCL website: (did a search on directions to the pier)

Port of Los Angeles, California

Los Angeles, CA

Port of Los Angeles

San Pedro, World Cruise Terminal.

Port of Los Angeles website

The terminal will be either berth 93B or berth 91-92. Both locations are next to each other – but check port signage upon entering for confirmation of berth.

Directions:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifTake the 110 Freeway South towards San Pedro.con_bulletgray_ico.gifExit at Harbor Boulevard (same exit as the Vincent Thomas Bridge).con_bulletgray_ico.gifStay to the right - Harbor Boulevard (Do not go over the bridge.)con_bulletgray_ico.gifAt the light, cross over the main road, turning right into the "World Cruise Terminal."con_bulletgray_ico.gifFollow the directions to parking and passenger drop-off.

Parking Information:

Parking is available across the street from the cruise terminal. The cost is approximately $12. USD per day and is payable only in cash.

We have cruised from their a few times and always left our car. It is in a secured area and we never had a problem. It is wonderful when you get back to be able to get right to your car and drive home (but very sad that the cruise has ended.).

Again as others have stated, it is in San Pedro NOT in Los Angeles.

The parking is right at the terminal, not across the street. And I believe I have paid with a credit card in the past. And yes it is in San Pedro, but I think it says something like World Cruise Center, Los Angeles Harbor.

We stayed in a hotel in San Pedro (inexpensive bid on Priceline) which allowed us to park our car in their lot for free during our cruise. We did this for a 4 day cruise and a 10 day sailing, as well. Just the hotel cost, itself, was cheaper than $12 a day in the terminal lot. Another time we stayed at a hotel in the same area and paid $5.00 a day in their covered lot. We didn't book a "park and sail package", either. Those often include a buffet breakfast or bottle of champagne. No need for that. We'd have plenty to eat and drink on the ship. :)

Archived