hotels in NYC

cruisefan42

We are sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda on May 10, we are driving to Manhattan cruise terminal does anyone know of a reasonable hotel that offers free or reduced parking?

might want to head over to the Homeports section and look for NYC. lots of info there.

I've also posted the same question about NYC hotels in the Homeport Section but no responses so far.

We're open to any suggestions as long as the hotel is safe, has a comfy bed and won't cost more than our cruise:eek: !

I've also posted the same question about NYC hotels in the Homeport Section but no responses so far.

We're open to any suggestions as long as the hotel is safe, has a comfy bed and won't cost more than our cruise:eek: !

parking in NYC, as i am sure you know...is priced at a premium. i seem to recall there being a reasonable garage about 1/2mi from the terminal that is cheaper than parking AT the terminal. i'm hoping that person will see this thread and add their 2cents.

Where are you staying in New Jersey? We are driving down from MA for our cruise on the Spirit in May and plan to go the night before. Does the hotel offer free/reduced parking? What limo are you using? May work out better than the $240 it will cost to park at the pier.

I called Hampton Inn in Secaucus NJ. The room is $169 plus tax & service charge for the night and they said they will allow us to leave the car for the 7 day cruise. They are not responsible for any breakins or damage to the car.

We called Carmel Limo for a pickup & return trip.

It takes a bit of checking which we did but if you check the various hotels on the Jersey side(Secaucus,Weehawkin,Jersey City, Lyndhurst, Clifton,Etc) you will find a hotel willing to let you leave your car while on a cruise.

If you google park and fly for Newark, NJ airport there are a few hotels that offer 7 day parking when you stay one night at the hotel. I know the Country Inn is one. We stayed there on Christmas night before we headed home but were able to park the car 6 days before and I believe it only cost about 125.00.

Well personally we are originally from NJ. We weren't comfortable leaving our car in Newark that's why we chose Secaucus.

We were both born in NJ and lived there for at least 30-40 years until my husband transferred due to his job 13 years ago.

Newark is not known to be the safest area in NJ.

Park and Fly at Newark Airport is quite different than just parking in Newark (though I've now been to the new Prudential Center in the heart of Newark's business district a couple of times and that area is developing nicely).

For the quickest spot on the NJ side, I would suggest checking in Weehawken (which is near the Lincoln Tunnel entrance) or Jersey City (Holland Tunnel).

here is my 2cents on the matter under the category of "general tips" as it pertains to this thread.

remember that for the premium prices:

- garage parking

- secure area for the most part

- definitely secure lot at the pier

- low probability that something will happen to your car

for those where the hotels/motels are allowing you to park in their lots, especially in the newark area AND even in the secaucus area:

- not all these lots are secure

- even if secaucus is cheaper and deemed more safe than newark, i currently live 5min from secaucus and still wouldn't leave my car in their lots. in fact...nothing will stop me (or any one for that matter) from driving onto those hotel properties.

not to make you all uneasy. but my take home message is simply this. i know we all must vacation within a budget. in fact, my wife booked Cat N GTY for our Dawn cruise this Jun. BIL is getting married in the Philippines, in December of all months, and flights are approx $1600 per person...but i digress.

the amount you are saving may result in something that would really kill the wonderful vacation you just completed. please if you can swing it. consider the garages and the terminal parking. especially, when leaving from the NY/NJ ports. (SEE...this just makes me want to invest my money on some land and offer Park and Ride shuttle service to the cruise ports...and i'd totally undercut everyone else so long as i am making a profit.)

just my 2cents.

Archived