Days Inn in Dickinson, TX?

luv cruzin'

I don't really know anything about the Day's Inn there or what area it's in. I wouldn't stay in Dickinson. My son used to work as a driver for Domino's when home on school breaks in summer (League City) and they were not allowed to deliver in certain areas of Dickinson.

Not sure what actual city it was in ,but stayed in a Days Inn about 30 minutes north of Houston, it was right off I45. I would not recomend a Days Inn after that stay, very unsanitary room and breakfast area. Sent an e-mail to Days Inn corporate office with details and never had any follow up.

As a local, I haven't stayed there, but the area is right on I-45 and not bad. I'm not a big fan of the Days Inn chain, but I would assume that this location is typical and adequate.

Did you check on other lodging in the area? How about the Fairfield Inn in Texas City? There is also another newish motel near the Fairfield Inn. I'll be down that way tonight on my way to a community theatre and will try to remember to check on it.

Were all the rates higher in the Clear Lake/Houston, Webster and League City areas? Most lodging in those areas would have addresses on NASA Road, Texas Avenue, Bay Area Blvd. or I-45.

As a local, I haven't stayed there, but the area is right on I-45 and not bad. I'm not a big fan of the Days Inn chain, but I would assume that this location is typical and adequate.

Did you check on other lodging in the area? How about the Fairfield Inn in Texas City? There is also another newish motel near the Fairfield Inn. I'll be down that way tonight on my way to a community theatre and will try to remember to check on it.

Were all the rates higher in the Clear Lake/Houston, Webster and League City areas? Most lodging in those areas would have addresses on NASA Road, Texas Avenue, Bay Area Blvd. or I-45.

Thanks so much! :)

Luv cruzin',

Just back from the Texas City area and, to my surprise, there are now four very new motels on I-45 at the Texas City exit. Saw a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Best Western plus the Fairfield Inn mentioned earlier. Guess I just hadn't had a reason to look closely before.

The area also has an Olive Garden, a Gringo's (Mexican) and an oriental buffet restaurant plus a fast food hamburger chain. It is also adjacent to a large mall (unfortunately not totally full but there are nice Macy's and Dillard's stores).

Also checked out the Day's Inn at the Dickinson exit as we drove by and it looks fine. There is a brand new Super Target, a Wal-Mart, and a large super market at the exit (FM646) immediately before the one you would take for the Days Inn.

Hope that helps.

Luv cruzin',

Just back from the Texas City area and, to my surprise, there are now four very new motels on I-45 at the Texas City exit. Saw a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Best Western plus the Fairfield Inn mentioned earlier. Guess I just hadn't had a reason to look closely before.

The area also has an Olive Garden, a Gringo's (Mexican) and an oriental buffet restaurant plus a fast food hamburger chain. It is also adjacent to a large mall (unfortunately not totally full but there are nice Macy's and Dillard's stores).

Also checked out the Day's Inn at the Dickinson exit as we drove by and it looks fine. There is a brand new Super Target, a Wal-Mart, and a large super market at the exit (FM646) immediately before the one you would take for the Days Inn.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info.

I sure appreciate you taking the time.

That's why I love Cruise Critic! :)

Sorry, but I have to emphasize that most of Texas City is a dump and a high crime area. The "mall" there is a dead mall and has been dead since the day it opened. The demographics in the area have no money to go to the mall. The numerous hotels on I-45 are there to support the oil refineries and chemical plants in Texas City. I, for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would promote staying there. I think anyone staying in that area would just leave with a negative impression. Not a good way to start a cruise.

Guess we'll just have to offer our conflicting opinions. I have been, in response to the OP, only reporting the facts of what is available in the area based on over 40 years residency and 25 years of experience as estate appraiser in the area.

As my final comments:

---I do think staying in the Clear Lake/NASA area is a better option, basically because there is so much more to do in the area.

---Although I live in Clear Lake with access to all that the larger mall in this area has to offer, I often (especially during the pre-Christmas shopping madness) drive to the Macy's and Dillards at Mall of the Mainland for the smaller crowds, well-stocked shelves and helpful sales associates. I agree that there is a lot of empty area in the mall. The problem there has been low residential density in the area not the economic levels of current residents. With significant new housing development in the area, most real estate professionals in the area expect the situation At Mall of the Mainland to improve significantly over the next year or two.

---Brand new chain motels immediately adjacent to a major freeway, even those which "support the oil refineries and chemical plants" (????), are typically clean and modern and completely suitable for a pre- or post-cruise stay and I'd especially appreciate a "local" letting me know they were new, and convenient to the freeway.

Whatever anyone chooses or wherever in the area they chose to stay...WELCOME TO THE GULF COAST OF TEXAS...Y'all come back real soon, ya hear!!!

My .02 worth, since there is the possibility it sounds like of being in a bad neighborhood, you can check the agency ***************************************************************************************************************************...get it?

I used your date for 2 adults and The Flagship on Seawall in Galveston has a descent price, I know it isn't the fanciest hotel, but your safety doesn't seem to be an issue and staying on Seawall Blvd prior to a cruise is part of the fun.

Another vote for changing your reservation.....but do it now..

Thanks for all the info.

We have cruised out of Galveston four times &

have always stayed in Galveston.

This time the rates are way to high because our

cruise date is 11-2-08 the same time the

Bike Rally is in Galveston. Most motels are

full or $200 per night. :(

We drive in from the Wichita, KS area on Saturday.

We don't get to motel until 6 or 7pm, then

quick supper & off to bed.

Guess we'll just have to offer our conflicting opinions. I have been, in response to the OP, only reporting the facts of what is available in the area based on over 40 years residency and 25 years of experience as estate appraiser in the area.

As my final comments:

---I do think staying in the Clear Lake/NASA area is a better option, basically because there is so much more to do in the area.

---Although I live in Clear Lake with access to all that the larger mall in this area has to offer, I often (especially during the pre-Christmas shopping madness) drive to the Macy's and Dillards at Mall of the Mainland for the smaller crowds, well-stocked shelves and helpful sales associates. I agree that there is a lot of empty area in the mall. The problem there has been low residential density in the area not the economic levels of current residents. With significant new housing development in the area, most real estate professionals in the area expect the situation At Mall of the Mainland to improve significantly over the next year or two.

---Brand new chain motels immediately adjacent to a major freeway, even those which "support the oil refineries and chemical plants" (????), are typically clean and modern and completely suitable for a pre- or post-cruise stay and I'd especially appreciate a "local" letting me know they were new, and convenient to the freeway.

Whatever anyone chooses or wherever in the area they chose to stay...WELCOME TO THE GULF COAST OF TEXAS...Y'all come back real soon, ya hear!!!

I agree about the well stocked Dillards. It never fails, I'll have my heart set on a pair of shoes I'll see at the Baybrook Dillards and they are always sold out of my size. Texas City Dillards ALWAYS has my size.

Archived