atm trouble in antigua

perry001

we were in antigua the first week of march aboard the crown princess and had a great time. however my mother just had two withdrawals from her checking account on april 2nd totaling $500 from somewhere in antigua. she used an atm at nelson dockyard to get some cash and we can only assume that there was a card reader there that was able to access her information. bank of america returned the funds to her account but you might want to be cautious at that particular location. i used my debit card at 4 other ports and had no problems. nelson dock yard receives a lot of very affluent visitors particularly around racing week so i am not sure how this could happen. i hope that no one else has this happen to them.

• 4 weeks later...

PERRY001 - yep, it happened to us... we were there 2 weeks earlier than you. I have posted another thread about our experience before I read your. My husband and I got our cards skimmed through the Nelsons Dockyard machine (different companys) and withdrawals were made in Moscow and Thailand within a week of our return to UK:eek: Our bank also refunded us so we were very lucky. We knew it had to be here as we both tried seperate cards from different banks as the machine would not work. My husband never uses his card normally so knew it had to be the same machines we had used together. Hollyanna

Archived