6 hours in barbados

FLbeachbaby

On 11/22 we wll get a whopping 6 hours to enjoy this beautiful island. what is the absolute must do ? (we are beach, boater, snorkeler, natural beauty type folks) thanks!”

Is it six hours dock-to-sail, or is it six hours actually on the island with time to en- and de- bark?

Like beaches, snorkeling natural beauty, yes?

Hummmmm…….

If you have a full six hours to play, I’m thinking about a 4 x 4 adventure to our East Coast.

If you have only four hours to play, perhaps one of the many catamarans that take you to swim with the Hawksbill turtles, snorkel over shipwrecks in Carlisle Bay and beach-it for an hour may be the best.

You could just go to The Boatyard for your short time, but you’ll be missing quite a bit.

Let me know the actual docking and sailing times and I’ll work on it a little.

Best Regards.

Flbeachbaby...It's Chuggie from roll call...I tried that excursion and they wouldn't accept our reservation because of our short time in Barbados. ugh!! They suggested I try a company called Smallcats Catamaran at funbarbados.com. I have not made a reservation...but they do take 3 hour trips that would fit our time constraints on the Spirit.

Barbados,

We are snorklers and have been to Folkstone Park. We were thinking of Crane resort this trip, but would the boatyard be better? We really are not interested in lunching, as our time is also limited. Dock to Sail 1-7. I'm thinking it will be dark by 4:30/5:00. (Oct. 24).

Thanks in advance - LG

Barbados,

We are snorklers and have been to Folkstone Park. We were thinking of Crane resort this trip, but would the boatyard be better? We really are not interested in lunching, as our time is also limited. Dock to Sail 1-7. I'm thinking it will be dark by 4:30/5:00. (Oct. 24).

Thanks in advance - LG

-------------------------------------

The sun will set at 5:34pm on October 24th in Bridgetown.

So you’ve got four good hours of daylight.

Snorkelers, yes?

Crane isn’t a snorkeling spot. Undertow and high surf most days.

I don’t consider The Boatyard in Carlisle Bay a great snorkeling spot either.

How about a snorkeling trip out on Dottin’s Reef? Much better than Folkstone.

There are a number of tours that would take you there. Some offer a lunch, too. It may be a tight squeeze to fit it in, but I think you’d be pleased with an off-shore snorkeling trip.

What do you think?

Archived