hotel pre-cruise suggestions

bhoffman

We are booked on the vision next march (leaving from Santo Domingo) and are starting to look into a hotel for the night before the cruise. I am looking for a nice hotel, clean and hopefully something close to somewhere to walk around after we get there. Safe area, etc. Thanks! We have never been there so have no idea where to go! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We are booked on Vision for March 8/09 from Santo Domingo. Flying in on March 6th, and looking for 2 nights pre-cruise and one night post-cruise. Wheelchair accessibility is an issue for us. We have travelled extensively but this will be our first time to D.R. Any suggestions?

I am also going March 8th When the price dropped 200.00 per person It was the best deal

We wanted to go to Isle of Margerita again had a great time there

We either are staying at Hilton or Raddison or Embassy Suites

I hope you read this before you booked ???

Please note: this product has been sold almost exclusively to guests from Latin America; therefore the services and product have been tailored to their cultural preferences in food and beverage, entertainment and retail. While English language assistance will be provided, the local language will be the primary language spoken onboard. Please check with your local consulate or embassy regarding visa requirements.

We have sailed before with a large population of Latino people on the ship. Never a problem and it's a nice change for us to hear Spanish instead of French (which we get at home). We are planning to take a Spanish for Travellers course at the local college to brush up a bit before the cruise. I find that as long as you try at least hello, please and thank you, in the local language, everybody is very friendly and understanding.

I just wanted to tell you of that as they just changed it a week ago

We are flying in a few days early to enjoy Santo Domingo for a few days before we sail

As it is only a 2 hours flight for us and none stop.

We are going River Tubing in Dominica and the other two stop I am working on

Isle Margarita is why we are going the beach is great

I am so jealous of you being so close to cruise ports. We usually spend one to two thousand dollars before we even get on the ship. We have an eight hour flight, with a layover in Atlanta, and that is pretty much the shortest flight available to us. In my next life........

Do you know if anyone started a M&M yet?

People are going crazy about the immersion cruises we are going on . They offered me a full refund if I did not want to go . BUT I can not wait to go . I get to eat different food and such . I have no worries about the exchange rate. I just want something different for a change. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We are staying at the Renaissance Jaraqua by Marriott Hotels But there are others

Make sure you book soon as there are a lot of hotels sold out already , We wanted to stay at a cozier one but all sold out

If you need some other ones let me know there also is the Hilton or Raddison or Embassy Suites

Archived