Millennium - Room 7032 and advice on transfer to port

starbucksgirl

We purchased a GTY room on this cruise and we were just upgraded to room 7032 which is a wheelchair accessible room that looks HUGE based upon the drawing for the VISTA deck. Has anyone ever stayed in this room before; it looks twice the size of the other inside cabins onboard. I'd love to know what to expect before we set sail on Sunday. We are Captains Club members and this is our 4th cruise on Celebrity which may be why they upgraded us on this level (plus the ship looks booked as far as I can tell).

Also, what is the best option for getting to the everglades port in a timely manner? Should we just take a taxi? How much will it cost? I've seen various responses re: cost of a taxi. Can someone give me a tip on how to ensure that I won't get ripped off by the driver? I'll take any and all advice. Thanks! We also need transportation to our hotel after the cruise (located by the airport). Should we take a taxi there also?

Taxis are metered, so you cannot get ripped off. It should cost no more than $15 from Ft Lauderdale airport to the cruise terminal, just about a 10 minute trip. The only time you could pay more is if you're stuck in a long line at the port security checkpoint---we've had to sit in the cab for as long as 30 minutes if we arrived when most others are arriving at the port.

Be aware, if someone at the last minute requires your handicapped accessible cabin, they will bump you out of it and put you in whatever is remaining. That's the downside to accepting an HC cabin. Also, your bathroom will be accessilbe and not your normal bathroom. The commode will be raised higher than normal, and you won't have a regular shower, but a roll in shower, so you'll have to be very careful when taking a shower as the water can go everywhere.

We purchased a GTY room on this cruise and we were just upgraded to room 7032 which is a wheelchair accessible room that looks HUGE ...

In January, we had the same experience on the Millie. Originally, we had booked a 2A cabin but switched to a GTY balcony when they became available about three months before the cruise. It was a significant savings and we wound up with 7139, a Cat2B accessible room. It was about 50 percent larger than a regular cabin. There was 2 to 3 feet of space on both sides of the bed and about 3 feet clearance between the foot of the bed and the vanity area on the opposite wall.

Our TA informed us we were subject to being bumped from the cabin if there was a need for an accessible room by a late-booking passenger. It didn't happen to us but you should be aware of the possibility.

A cab is the best choice from the airport to the cruiseport. It is only a 15 to 20 minute ride. Depending on your flight time, you might be able to see your ship from the aircraft as you approach the airport.

Have A Great Cruise,

Les

In January, we had the same experience on the Millie. Originally, we had booked a 2A cabin but switched to a GTY balcony when they became available about three months before the cruise. It was a significant savings and we wound up with 7139, a Cat2B accessible room. It was about 50 percent larger than a regular cabin. There was 2 to 3 feet of space on both sides of the bed and about 3 feet clearance between the foot of the bed and the vanity area on the opposite wall.

Our TA informed us we were subject to being bumped from the cabin if there was a need for an accessible room by a late-booking passenger. It didn't happen to us but you should be aware of the possibility.

A cab is the best choice from the airport to the cruiseport. It is only a 15 to 20 minute ride. Depending on your flight time, you might be able to see your ship from the aircraft as you approach the airport.

Have A Great Cruise,

Les

Thank you so much for the information Les. Our cruise is already full (no more rooms for purchase) so hopefully we won't ge bumped although I wouldn't mind too much. I'm just excited to be cruising if you know what I mean. I'll let you know how it went after I return! Thanks again!

Have A Great Cruise,

Les

BTW, did you have a comfortable mattress in your room? Was it a soft, medium or hard mattress. I'm hoping for extra soft (as in pillowtop). I have a back back and neck. Let me know Les and thanks again.

BTW, did you have a comfortable mattress in your room? Was it a soft, medium or hard mattress. I'm hoping for extra soft (as in pillowtop). I have a back back and neck. Let me know Les and thanks again.
To be very truthful, I didn't pay attention to the softness. If forced to give an answer, I would say 'medium". I normally notice firm mattresses.

Les

Archived