Do I have the longest wait for my cruise?!

Gixer

I'm really excited to be cruising on NCL, but the only problem is the waiting! I will be booking our cruise and putting down the deposit on Monday - but we wont be cruising until 24th Jan 2010 :eek:

How will I ever survive?!

Hi Gixer, which ship will you be on and where will you be sailing to?

Thanks for all your help on the South America board. We were due to be on the Norwegian Dream right now and were looking forward to visiting Stanley but unfortunately we had to cancel due to illness. Hopefully we'll get to visit your part of the world on another cruise.

We will be on the Jewel 7 night Western and Steve has given me the thumbs up for booking a courtyard villa :D

We sail out of Miami and go to Belize, Costa Maya, Roatan and Stirrup Cay.

We are also lucky enough to have 3 weeks at Beaches Negril before our cruise - if your going to leave my part of the world then you need to make it worth while!

I must admit I have totally neglected the SA forum recently, Iv been too busy spending all my spare time in here - maybe I should leave a message saying come find me on the NCL forum if you need any info lol :o

Sorry you didnt make your cruise, hope you get to visit down my way another time though eh?

Guest pcreek

[COLOR="black"]Do I have the longest wait for my cruise?!

I'm really excited to be cruising on NCL, but the only problem is the waiting! I will be booking our cruise and putting down the deposit on Monday - but we wont be cruising until 24th Jan 2010

I really understand!! We are cruising sometime in 2009 - just not sure when/where yet. (for my 50th...which is in May, however DH is in commercial air conditioning in upstate NY, so May is out! )

This will be my 5th cruise....and I gotta say the previous 4 I've done have been much easier....now, after being an avid reader (if not poster) of these boards, there are WAY too many things to have to consider now. LOL

...book way early to get what cabin you want / book late for better pricing...book guarantee with hope of upgrade / book suite / or book Balcony BA AFT...book on NCL site / with a TA / with online discount site / with PCC from NCL ??????? see what I mean?? Go out of NYC, so we can drive there and park for the week...or fly to Miami to get different itinerary?

Good thing we're not going until 2009 - probably in the fall at this rate!!

Only 2 things I know for sure...I'd like to try a different ship than the Dawn (although she's wonderful) and I'd like to do Carribean.....although Bahamas weren't bad.

SO... you do have some company in your misery![/color]

I'm really excited to be cruising on NCL, but the only problem is the waiting! I will be booking our cruise and putting down the deposit on Monday - but we wont be cruising until 24th Jan 2010 :eek:

Count me in too! I can't even book yet...as the sail dates for the Fall 2010 haven't come out. But as soon as they do....I'll be booking our anniversary cruise for November or December.

I only found this site through a friend a short time ago...so I plan on spending a lot of time doing research and asking questions.

The more I read about the Gem...the more excited I get...even though it's a long way off.

I bet we'll learn a lot from this board.

I hope your cruise is wonderful!

See you around the boards...

Megan

Well, since the OP hasn't actually placed the deposit yet, maybe I have the longest wait (until Monday). :D

Just booked the Dawn for 4 Oct 09 to Bermuda today.

For the cost of the suites with a separate kids bedroom, we decided to go with connecting balcony rooms and will make our own "suite" Since the number of connecting rooms are limited we pulled the trigger early. The boys will only be 5 and 3 at the time of the cruise, so nearby rooms wouldn't cut it.

4 at full price there was cheaper than 1-2 full and 3-4 at the lower cost in the suites. (And we like our space away from them after bedtime.)

i'm glad i'm not alone in booking over a year in advance lol i was looking for short cheapies today thinking maybe i could sneak in another cruise but with a trip to NOLA in june for a wedding, and our land vacation (fishing lodge in canada) i doubt i can talk hubby into it (or if he even has that much vacation time left this year) oh well - i'll have to "get my kicks" living vicariously through fellow cruisers ;)

My wait is not quite as long. Will be sailing on Pride of America in Hawaii on March 28, 2009. Can hardly wait!! This will be my first trip to Hawaii and it has always been my dream to go there. My husband and I always wanted to go but he passed away in November, so a friend is going with me.

You have me beat, but only by 3 months!! haha

We're putting our down payment (in a few weeks) for an October 18th, 09 cruise to Bermuda.. we have a toddler and we're saving for a home, so we have to wait until then (late 09) to cruise because we have to save every penny for it.

Seems FOREVER away, huh?!

Go on another cruise in the meantime. :D

My wait is not quite as long. Will be sailing on Pride of America in Hawaii on March 28, 2009. Can hardly wait!! This will be my first trip to Hawaii and it has always been my dream to go there. My husband and I always wanted to go but he passed away in November, so a friend is going with me.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. :( However, I am sure he would have wanted you to still go! Although it is a long way off, I hope you have a wonderful time!!

I love booking my cruises waaaay ahead. Gives you something to look forward to. :D

I agree..we just booked the Dawn for Nov 09 which seems soooo far off..but since we are new to NCL I figure it gives me time to research NCL and all its perks, as well as the ports. My mother and father cruised on the Pearl last year and RAVED about it so I'd figure we'd give NCL a try! :)

Go on another cruise in the meantime. :D

Our first cruise was four years in the planning (FINALLY did it last fall). It was so long in the planning because we were chartering the whole ship (Oosterdam to Alaska). Photos here: http://up-scope.org/cruisenews/

The next one is set for September 2011... again a whole ship for our submarine veteran's convention, this time out of Boston to points north.

And as Carnac767 recommended, we can't wait that long and have booked one for October '08. Somehow I suspect there may be even more we'll do before that 2011 trip. Cruising seems to be an easily acquired habit!

Phil

Wow! Got me beat, We sail on 16th. July 2009 and I thought that was a long wait. :o Hang in there!

We don't sail and explore the Galapagos until March of 2010. It's the longest wait we'll ever enjoy !! My biggest challenge will be limiting luggage to 1 suitcase, with a severe weight restriction:confused:, Ouch !

OMG! The longest I can wait is 6 months...we usually have one booked about every six months -- 2010!

How will you survive? First watch CSI Miami every week to catch a glimpse of a cruise ship. Second, play a lot of Caribbean music, eat at Caribbean restaurants, drink a LOT of margaritas, watch every cruise show the Travel Channel has and keep watching CSI Miami. Book a cruise for the fall of 2008, and two in 2009 right now...don't wait, do it now!

And never, never, never, book a cruise that far out without any booked in between!

i'm glad you are going! my dad passed away january 1 of this year and my parents had always wanted to go on an alaskan cruise so we are taking my mom with us :-)

Archived