Hamilto to KW: Have to reboard?

lolakat

This may be a silly question but bare with me b/c I have never done a cruise where the ship stays at one island for multiple days:

I will be on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda in early May. We are in Hamilton for one day and leave that port at 4pm then dock in King's Warf at 6pm the same day. Do all passangers have to be on board when they move the ship or can you just get back on in King's Warf latter in the night? I understand the ports are not too far apart and we were thinking of doing some evening activities in Hamilton. Thanks for any input you might have.

You are a 20 minute express ferry ride away from King's Wharf. I doubt you would have to be back on board for the move, since you are still technically in the same country, it should not be a problem. You are still better off contacting your cruise line to get verification.

Eric

No you do not need to be on board when the ship is moved from Hamilton to Kings Wharf. One when we were on the Norwegian Majesty we had to move from St George out to Kings Wharf because they expected high winds, making it impossible to get through the cut. It was kinda neat being out at the dockyard (King's Wharf) and watch our ship come in.

as a matter of fact when we went we had rented scooters-and were moving from Dockyard to Hamilton, so we rode to Hamilton and parked our scooters near the dock and took the Ferry back to Dockyard (our move was overnight). Next morning our scooters were right where we were, ready to go!! Some rental companies were charging like $25 to move the scooter for you!!

I know I just read an article recently about Hamilton's cruise dock being closed. You may not have to worry about the ship moving. I know I read that article but I cannot recall from where. If I find it again I will post it here.

Hamilton is closed but it doesn't matter for the Dawn anyway. Its too big to dock there even when that Port is opened. The Dawn will anchor and tender to Hamilton. But when the ships are in Bermuda and move between docks or from anchor you are not required to be on board. You are only required to be on board when it set sail from Bermuda.

Archived