Water temperatures in Bahamas and Key West

DG1108

My wife and I just booked the Conquest Eastern Caribbean on Feb 15, 2009. We were wondering if anyone has been to Freeport, Nassau or Key West in February and could tell us if the ocean was warm or cool? We was on the Conquest this Feb on the western Caribbean and the water was fantastic. We are hoping for the same.

My wife and I just booked the Conquest Eastern Caribbean on Feb 15, 2009. We were wondering if anyone has been to Freeport, Nassau or Key West in February and could tell us if the ocean was warm or cool? We was on the Conquest this Feb on the western Caribbean and the water was fantastic. We are hoping for the same.

we were in the Bahamas this past February and the water was a bit cold but after you got over the initial shock it was ok. Plenty of people were swimming.

Bill

The water will be around 80F in all three ports in February. Key West will probably be the warmest in the low 80's, Nassau will be around 80 and Freeport will be in the high 70's. The air temperature could be dramatically different if a strong cold front happens to roll through. I have been in Lucaya in February when the air temperature was in the 50's.

GC, St Thomas, St Martien ect... will be fine. S. Fla., Nassau will be a little cool IMO. Check their web sites for season temps at that time of year. What is cool for one will not be for another.

Archived