Cell Service On The Pride????

THERAPYCRUISE

Any "at sea" [or "in port"] price Verizon quoted you is correct. While a few phones won't work--the reason behind Carnival's "I don't know" answer--the vast majority do. At the price the provider quoted. One thing to keep in mind: you're also charged for any calls/texts others make to you.

I don't know this for a fact, but when I called Verizon regarding cell service in Mexico they told me: "It is cheaper, when you get away from the ship. Even if you call from the dock, you could still be using the ship's connection, as they have the closest satellite". I would call Verizon and see if anyone knows about this. I just happened to get a frequent cruiser, and she tipped me off to this.

Enjoy your cruise!

I don't know this for a fact, but when I called Verizon regarding cell service in Mexico they told me: "It is cheaper, when you get away from the ship. Even if you call from the dock, you could still be using the ship's connection, as they have the closest satellite". I would call Verizon and see if anyone knows about this. I just happened to get a frequent cruiser, and she tipped me off to this.

Enjoy your cruise!

That would be correct.

Thanks so much for the info. This will be the first time I will be away from my son for more that a couple of days and I know I will be panicked if I can't talk to him. :eek: I better get over this soon. Thanks again:rolleyes:

Just turn your phone off when you aren't using it. You'll still have it too get messages and place calls with, but by keeping it turned off, you wont run up any unexpected charges.

Archived