Tampa Embarkation Tips

freddiebud

Cruising from Tampa in December and am looking for some hints on quick embarkation. For example, I know to have all my paperwork filled out and ready. Cruised from San Pedro in Mar and heard that if you stayed at the Queen Mary, you got early check-in. Also, I will not have a cabin assignment, so if anyone can tell me where is the best place to get the cabin assignment with the least pain, I would appreciate it. For instance, again in San Pedro, you can stand in line in the parking garage or you can go out back by the buses and find out your cabin number with no wait.

Any help you can offer is appreciated as I have a DH with zero patience when it comes to standing in line!

Tampa port is so organized. It is painless and part of the reason we chose it over the Valor for our upcoming cruise.

We got to the port around 11:30. Porters came right up to our taxis to help us. We showed our docs and they found our cabin # and took care of the tags on our bags. They will then send you inside. It is painless. Check in was very quick and the waiting area has many many chairs, bathrooms, soda machine etc. It also has a wall of windows where you can look out onto the ship and see what is going on. I highly recommend Tampa!

Archived