Tampa airport and estimated wait time...

Guest kernfam01

Guest kernfam01

I am flying from Kansas city, MO to Tampa , FL. I saw on Delta's website that my wait times (at ticket counter, security, etc) are approximately 15 minutes in KC. In Tampa the waits are estimated to be 1 HOUR and 15 minutes. Is Tampa airport a nightmare or something? Traveling w/ kids and trying to get an idea of what I'm in for, as far as the airport goes.

Last time we flew into Tampa, there was very high security, and it did take a while to get through everything. That was a year or two ago, so I'm not sure if things are better or worse. We went from Philadelphia to Tampa; Phila had very little visible security and Tampa had guys with automatic weapons and long lines throught the metal detectors.

Where did you get your info on the wait times @Tampa Airport. I am interested in finding out as we will be travelling there in less than 5 weeks. I have checked their website for info on where to pick up our airport shuttle:

http://www.tampaairport.com/index.asp

Should you allow yourself more than the 2 hr checkin time that is normally recommended?

To all

If you are flying Delta one of the biggest airlines into and out of Tampa you will have a wait at security ( I have waited an hour or longer resently) All airlines have an airside terminal and there is security at all of them....

Archived